Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Tranny woes, Help! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/tranny-woes-help-16325.html)

GratefulDeadWK 12-15-2010 01:02 PM

Tranny woes, Help!

Had my jeep at the dealer after I noticed the tranny pan was covered in fluid. Had the transmission service done(bottom end overhaul, filters and gasket) and dealer said connector was leaking too. Had both jobs done and I'm still having fluid leaking and getting all over my exhaust.

Now I though this was just residual fluid left over from the job but it doesn't seem to be. The fluid that is leaking is fresh, so there has to be something not kosher here.

Any input guys? Bringing it back to the dealer tonight.

blackpepper 12-15-2010 01:30 PM

Re: Tranny woes, Help!

The dealer backs their work with a 12/12k warranty on parts and labor. Take it back and show them if you have the time.

Maybe you need an undercarriage wash and then re-check to see if it's still leaking???

GratefulDeadWK 12-15-2010 02:16 PM

Drove it through snow and such. Should have washed it off. I looked at the tranny pan after they did the work and it was pretty dry. Now 4 days later its dripping wet again, so something has to be up.

GratefulDeadWK 12-15-2010 06:27 PM

Don't understand. Why the 13 pin connector and coupler are2 different parts

Marlin 12-15-2010 06:36 PM

Just take it back.

555ctsv 12-15-2010 07:54 PM

At one point my speed sensors were leaking, but the worst tranny leak i had came from one of the coolant lines where they enter the transmission. I just unbolted them, cleaned the threads and used teflon tape and then reinstalled. Fixed the prob for me. I was able to tll that was the source of the leak as there was constantly a drip on the bolt for the line. Can you tell what side it's coming from? Another possible scenario could be they overfilled the tranny and the excess fluid is coming out of the venttube at the top of the tranny?

GratefulDeadWK 12-15-2010 10:31 PM

Ok so now im really pissed. I see that the dealer replaced the same part twice. Part # 58021352AA. They said that the first time around it was a different service. I gotta call tommorw and complain.

GratefulDeadWK 12-16-2010 09:26 AM

Ok Update 12/16/2010

Dealer did install the same part twice. Verdict is that the 13 pin connector that I had initially replaced was defective or it was improperly installed. Dealer is going to credit me today for the job.

jeff05wk 12-16-2010 01:06 PM

"Tranny woes, Help"

If I had $1 for every time I woke up drunk in a stranger's bed and yelled that... nevermind.