Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Rear hatch button does not work ! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/rear-hatch-button-does-not-work-16390.html)

enjoylife 12-16-2010 07:20 PM

Rear hatch button does not work !

My driver and passanger door handle's lock and unlock the jeep when pressing the little passive key button but my rear hatch button does nothing. it did work before has anybody had this problem and what would be the fix . Dealership still has not got back to me and had no idea why this is happening :mad:

08Hemi 12-16-2010 07:24 PM

Re: Rear hatch button does not work !

you mean on the key fob? 2x press to open the window? does the button above your license plate work?

enjoylife 12-16-2010 07:29 PM

The key fob works fine , the button above the license plate works. Just the Chrome button on the liftgate (like the door handle has) does not unlock/lock all doors.

bpmcgee 12-17-2010 10:00 AM

enjoy,

The behavior of that button is controlled by a setting in the EVIC -- Unlock All Doors 1st Press/Unlock Driver Door 1st Press. "Unlock Driver Door 1st Press" might more accurately be described "Unlock SPECIFIC Door 1st Press" -- it will only unlock the door who's button you've pushed.

If the lift gate button is only unlocking the lift gate, check the EVIC. If it's not working at all, visit your dealer.

enjoylife 12-17-2010 04:56 PM

The EVIC has all doors to unlock so that is fine , the passenger and driver door button works fine but the hatch button does nothing at all and is dead.

Cherodude 12-17-2010 07:02 PM

Check out this TSB at Milous' WK2Jeeps.com site. Might be the ticket:

http://www.wk2jeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk2_0802910.pdf

bpmcgee 12-18-2010 07:39 AM

It doesn't sound like it's the same, Chero. That TSB symptom is "The gate won't power open or won't power shut."

Enjoy, take it to the dealer. Probably a simple dead switch.

Cherodude 02-21-2011 05:02 PM

I agree that the TSB does not seem applicable. I rarely use the chrome liftgate unlock button, but it did work when brand new, about 10 weeks ago. Now that button is dead. Liftgate still works fine using key fob or left side cargo interior button. Both driver and passenger door handle buttons work fine.

Will have dealer investigate at first service later this week.

Proshop01 02-22-2011 03:38 PM

I had the exact same issue as enjoylife. I took it to the dealership last week and they said the back button was stuck. They ordered a new part, but it hasn't come in yet.

wjs81866 02-22-2011 04:35 PM

MIne stopped working and they had to replace the entire chrome piece, switch was bad.

enjoylife 02-28-2011 07:31 AM

Got mine fixed on saturday and they changed the rear chrome pc . They removed the bottom interior liftgate panel to get access to the 4 screws holding together the chrome pc unpluged a couple of wires and off it went . Replaced it with the new one and works perfect now ! I just hope it dosent happen again

Cherodude 03-05-2011 08:06 AM

At dealer service March 4, they investigated my dead chrome unlock button on the liftgate. Agreed there was a problem and they ordered a new switch. I'll have it installed in the next few weeks.

Edit: Dealer repaired the switch, possibly by replacing the entire chrome license plate brow where it is located. (I did not see the repair in progress. But my GC was covered with dirt when the car went in for repairs; after this fix the entire license brow was spotless before they washed the entire vehicle.) Working fine again.