Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

Chrome wheel exchange?

7K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  fourwheelin7 
#1 ·
Is there anybody that has had any experience with companies that do chrome wheels exchanges for jeeps? I know there are several in the Corvette Forum that I am with that are very reputable. I like the Overland wheels however I would like chrome..... Thanks and Happy Holidays.......:thumbsup:

#5 ·
With Corvettes (and I'm sure other cars) there are companies like West Coast Corvette that will ship you chromed wheels and when you install them you send back the cores so they can have them professionally chromed, then they exchange them with another customer and so on and so on...... I like the look of the 20" Overland wheels but don't care for the painted finish, I happen to like chrome. That why I was wondering if anyone knows of a vendor that does this type of wheel exchange.....

#8 ·
I know, I figured that the chrome exchange would be cheaper being that I have the Overland already, an exchange would run around 1K, to buy a chrome set of Summit OEM wheels would be considerably more money. Its just a thought I really don't have to do it, it isn't weighing heavy on my mind, was just curious if were easy or not.... Thanks

#10 ·
Its funny you sent that link, I found them too last week, it looks like a solid process. I'll be away for x-mas week so I figured I'd research it more when we get home. For about a grand it seems like a good choice, TPMS will fit right in, 5 year warranty etc..... mine is a lease so 3 years is all I need :)..... I'll let you know how it goes.......enjoy the holidays......:thumbsup:

#13 ·
^^^^^ You receive new wheels from them first then you send your old back to them.
Exactly, you receive the new wheels and they give you a reasonable amount of time to send your OEM's back (1-2 weeks), they give you a postage slip for UPS (you pay for it) and just call UPS and they pick them up.
You have to give a core deposit which will be refunded to your credit card once they receive your wheels and inspect them for damage.

#15 ·
If you can mount and balance a set of tires in your garage, go for it. I however would take them to a local auto shop. I doubt the exchange company cares how you get your set back to them, as long as they get them in good shape.

#16 ·
When you make the purchase they charge you twice the shipping (90.00 each way) and include a pre-paid shipping sticker for the return, just paste it on the boxes and call for a pick up. Its not the kinda mod that Im stressing over, the OEM is fine however I got the White and with the Overland chrome trimmings I think it would look nice (just my opinion).... And you will need a tire shop to swap the rubber and re-balance the wheels.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.