Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WJ (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f51/)
-   -   JEEP 1 - land rover 0 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f51/jeep-1-land-rover-0-a-16446.html)

fozzie 12-18-2010 06:28 PM

JEEP 1 - land rover 0

hi everyone just thought you would like to know that it has snowed about 12" to 15" of snow were i live in england the best bit is a friend of mine has a land rover discovery 2008 parked on his driveway with a slight dip, i had to pull his over priced,over hyped land rover, my GRAND done me proud and pulled it out with no problem what so ever. oh did i feel cocky!!! oh YES:lol:

Chaoul1 12-18-2010 06:30 PM

Re: JEEP 1 - land rover 0

Welcome! And that's a normal thing for Jeeps to do that!

GiggityGiggity 12-18-2010 08:14 PM

HAHA! Thats great!

My cousin has a Chev Colorado V8 Z71 and he asked me to go off roading in the snow the other day but said he would only go if I came with him in case he got stuck, I could pull him out. LOL

Jeeps have a good rep for a solid 4x4 system. I think you just proved that. Must of felt really good :)

JeepMe 12-19-2010 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GiggityGiggity (Post 319914)
HAHA! Thats great!

My cousin has a Chev Colorado V8 Z71 and he asked me to go off roading in the snow the other day but said he would only go if I came with him in case he got stuck, I could pull him out. LOL

Jeeps have a good rep for a solid 4x4 system. I think you just proved that. Must of felt really good :)

That's just a good philosophy no matter what you drive. I have a Jeep and still have at least one buddy go with me anytime in case one person gets stuck.

We've only had about 6" and my Jeep hasn't slipped a tire.

GiggityGiggity 12-19-2010 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepMe (Post 320079)
That's just a good philosophy no matter what you drive. I have a Jeep and still have at least one buddy go with me anytime in case one person gets stuck.

We've only had about 6" and my Jeep hasn't slipped a tire.

absolutely but I guess the part I left out was he was going with some guys from the chev board and did not mention anything about them pulling him out. lol

White Chocolate 12-19-2010 12:15 PM

Ha I knew LR were overrated!!

Jeepman015 12-19-2010 02:20 PM

That the same for me, we have also had quite a bit of snow yesterday, Sat, and round where I live a few of the neighbours had a bit of a whine about me getting my Grand Cherokee back in 2005, Here in the UK 4x4 owners get a bit of stick for owning "Gas Guzzlers" anyway who's door where they knocking on when their cars got stuck in the snow? Yep mine, and I get, I'm sorry to bother you but I'm blocking the road and I can't seem to move it, so muggings goes out and tow's em clear, Oh they said, I didn't know your Jeep runs on LPG, Good vehicle to have in these conditions, If they were'nt neighbours I would have told them to F off, I might have a bit more respect from them now, lol

StoneCold 12-19-2010 06:15 PM

Ha ha I love this! I've had the same experience up here in Scotland. I've been romping through two feet + of snow while Discoveries and X5's were stuck at the side of the road. And I've enjoyed shouting at all the left wing hippies who said I was choking the Earth! Well at least I had food, cause I could get to the shops! All the while they're going hungry in their 'self sufficient' wicker houses.

I did actually go and get shopping for some of my older neighbours, I'm not a complete ass. The nearest supermarket is ten miles away.

Jeep rules:thumbsup:

DAVY27 12-19-2010 06:26 PM

:w00t: :w00t: