Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Got some Doorsill Guards and Weathertech Liners today (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/got-some-doorsill-guards-and-weathertech-liners-today-16450.html)

Curly 12-18-2010 09:38 PM

Got some Doorsill Guards and Weathertech Liners today

3 Attachment(s)
I was going to buy the aluminum "Grand Cherokee" Doorsill Guards, but thought it might be to much bling for my taste. So I found these black "Xpel" Doorsill guards online, I wound up buying them from Amazon for just $16.48. You get just enough to do all four doors. These are very similar to the ones that came on my old F-150 so I thought I'd give them a try. They also come in clear, but the clear is much thinner material. The black ones are very thick heavy duty stuff, and black matches my GC. This is a stick on product so the question is how long will it stick? Guess I'll find out. As you can see I also got my Weathertech Liners today.

STIX 12-18-2010 11:19 PM

Re: Got some Doorsill Guards and Weathertech Liners today

I think it looks nice. I too was concerned about the mopar sgs being too much JGC all over the place. Looks like this is a nice alternative. Any concerns on longer term removal or did you just leave them on your Ford?

jeeppro 12-19-2010 02:23 AM

nice

GatoLoco 12-19-2010 11:44 AM

That's looks like a great alternative to the aluminum "Grand Cherokee" Doorsill Guards. I'd thought about installing those, but this looks more subtle and effective to me. I may go the same route. Thanks for posting this. :thumbsup:
[Edit] For comparison, here's a link to Moosehead's pics of the Mopar aliminum ones: http://www.jeepgarage.org/showpost.p...9&postcount=35

Curly 12-19-2010 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STIX (Post 319988)
I think it looks nice. I too was concerned about the mopar sgs being too much JGC all over the place. Looks like this is a nice alternative. Any concerns on longer term removal or did you just leave them on your Ford?

They were OEM factory installed on the Ford and were still on (and looking like new) six years later when I traded it in on the GC. I'm not trying to say these are as good as the OEM's on the Ford I just thought for the cost I'd give them a try. On the Xpel website they have instructions on how to remove, looks pretty simple, just peel at the proper angle to keep from leaving sticky residue.

White Chocolate 12-19-2010 12:10 PM

Sweet!

Red G8R 12-19-2010 04:33 PM

Looks very nice....I was going this route but I'm disappointed with the Floorliners I got for my Audi, ie. the foot extensions were too short.
I'm impressed with what I'm seeing for the GC.....glad to see they have corrected things.

Curly 01-01-2011 05:24 PM

Thought I'd post an update on these Doorsill Guards. I see that already the edges are starting to lift a little. I did install these to a warm vehicle in a heated garage. It has been very cold here since I installed them but if they had a quality adhesive they should not be starting to peel already. So I would say these deserve a "NOT RECOMMENDED" rating.

DieselvRR 01-01-2011 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curly (Post 326284)
Thought I'd post an update on these Doorsill Guards. I see that already the edges are starting to lift a little. I did install these to a worm vehicle in a heated garage. It has been very cold here since I installed them but if they had a quality adhesive they should not be starting to peel already. So I would say these deserve a "NOT RECOMMENDED" rating.

Darn,

I just ordered them too!!