Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

Got my Winter Wheels

9K views 36 replies 17 participants last post by  moosehead 
#1 · (Edited)
Well, I got my winter wheels from Tire Rack but won't have time to mount them until Friday afternoon. They're huge compared to my car wheels. Because of the Q-L system, I plan to lower it to park height then disable the Q-L sys before jacking it up.

These 18x8 Sport Edition TX5 wheels mounted with Blizzak DM-V1 265/60-18's.

Here are some photos, just un-packaged and what they are going on soon. Dec. 24th. : New photos added on page 2.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice, they look as if they have the same finish as the 20" Jeep rims?

#3 ·
What transmitter did you choose, the 433MHz? I red somewhere that they do not work with the WK2. Can you confirm Peter?

#4 ·
I just got the Sport Edition CX with Blizzaks delivered yesterday. I'm planing on installing them on the Overland tomorrow so I'll let you all know if the TPM senders work. I did ask the guy at Tire Rack about the different TPM systems on the different models of the GC and he told me there should be no problem. We will see.

#8 ·
I looked at several wheels but most were not hub centric so I went with these. I hate having to put those center rings on with every change. I originally wanted black wheels.

#7 ·
I left it up to Tire Rack to install the suggested TPMS sensors. It's the same frequency as my previous GC, 433Mhz.
I won't know if they work till Friday afternoon and I'll post photos then too.

#18 ·
Had my new wheels and snows installed couple weeks ago from Discount Tire and we had issue with TPMS. They installed 433MHz but they didn't work! They had to go to Jeep Dealer to get New 433 MHz ones for 2011! Those work fine. Slight pain in the ass but works great now!

Good luck on ordering online...but seems TireRack.com has had no issues!

Speaking of Tire Racks got this one the other day for Summer 20" Wheels and Tires. Easy to install and good way to get them out of the way in a small garage.

Find at the http://www.thegaragedealer.com/Hyloft-Heavy-Duty-Tire-Storage-Rack.html $159.00

Attachments

Reactions: moosehead
#24 ·
Nice storage rack! That's exactly how I would store my tires. A suggestion for you though, I would rotate your tires every 30 days of storage and what I mean by rotate is rotate each tire on its axis so that you change the pressure point on the bar from the tire. I manage lots of parts for the US Navy and air craft tires are one of them....we have to rotate the tires on their axis to prevent indentations from long term storage. We do this every 30 days. Nice looking rig!

#23 ·
I put on the Sport Edition CX wheels and Blizzaks from tire rack today. 433 MHz Tire Pressure Sensors work great, shows pressure for all four tires on the display. These wheels are hub centric and ride very smooth, already been up to 80 mph.

Attachments

#29 · (Edited)
Those are very nice looking....I thought about them too.

They do look great 'Red G8R'. Just ordered the same set. Merry Christmas to myself :thumbsup:
Thanks...Merry Christmas.

They look better than the stock! I wonder if I can order the same metal valve stems for the stock wheels (I need them for the extra sensors I have to screw on to the valve stems when I tow the jeep behind the motorhome).
Sensors alone can be ordered from Tire Rack. The kit will come with sensor and valve stem.

the stock valve stems arent metal? I thought all TPMS stems were metal
The stock stems are black rubber. You now have a choice of stems for tpms sensors from Tire Rack, silver or black metal.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL ......

#25 · (Edited)
As promised, here are some photos. It was a nice bright brisk day, -3 C, and had no problems mounting them. I think they look great and the offset looks good.

#1 Did the rear first:

#2 Now the front:

#3 TPMS with metal valve stems:

#4 After around the block test:

#5 Offset looks good:

Ready for the winter and snow now.....:)

#27 ·
They look better than the stock! I wonder if I can order the same metal valve stems for the stock wheels (I need them for the extra sensors I have to screw on to the valve stems when I tow the jeep behind the motorhome).

#30 ·
ugh. boner. well played.

#33 ·
Looks great Angel.
The weather here in southern Ontario has been quite mild so I still can't comment on the tires. I know they will be better from prior experience though.

#34 ·
Just an update on the Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1. I were now able to test them under hard winter conditions. They are amazing. This combination (WK2 and Blizzak's) is without any doubts a strong recommendation.

'Red G8R' what about you ...were you able to test your wheels? Can you confirm?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.