Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   No charge maintenance? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/no-charge-maintenance-16598.html)

papi 12-22-2010 12:40 PM

No charge maintenance?

I just read on leftlanenews.com

Chrysler’s Dodge and Mopar brands have announced a new “No-cost Maintenance Plus” for Dodge Durango Citadel and Journey Lux models. The maintenance program is set to cover 3-years or 36,000 miles.
The “No-cost Maintenance Plus” program – valued at $1,100 – includes $0 deductible, free oil and oil filter changes, scheduled and recommended maintenance and a $35 per day rental car allowance. The program also offers $1,000 trip interruption coverage, which provides up to $1,000 for lodging, meals and car rental if a vehicle breaks down under warranty more than 100 miles from home.

I wonder if it will be extended to Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland? I just got my Black on Black Overland 4x4 on monday i hope they do.

Repo503 12-22-2010 12:47 PM

Re: No charge maintenance?

They should offer this on new chrysler products, even if it means upping the price a little. If they are serious about bring customers back they need to counter the average consumers impression of chrysler products...which is simply that most are crap. This would be a good hedge against that.

That being said i don't see this being offered on the GC. I wouldn't be suprised to see it on the new charger and 300 though.

Technosavant 12-22-2010 12:58 PM

Would have been nice. This "free maintenance" thing is of course never truly free (it's reflected in the cost of the vehicle), but it is a hallmark of premium brands and could boost the brand image.

A 36K or so free maintenance program wouldn't cost all that much but it would be a reason to buy one over a competitor. Thing is, the dealers would have a hard time explaining why these unnecessary additional maintenance items were needed if the manufacturer wouldn't cover them- they'd lose out on some $$$.

UNCjeepWK2 12-22-2010 02:41 PM

This would be a good thing... so many potential buyers are still weary about Chrysler because of recent (and long-standing) reliability issues, so this would go a long way toward easing that weariness, I would think.

My local dealership (Salisbury NC) offers free oil/filter changes for life.

Bmwister 12-22-2010 04:38 PM

They are likely doing this for a future enhanced "certified" program so that it can be used as a sales pitch in 2-3 years by stating "Look, it was ALWAYS serviced appropriately by certified dealer techs yada yada...". That, in turn, could lead to higher used prices that help enhance new vehicle sales by minimizing competitive used prices. At least, that is the way my analytical-yet-marketing-centric brain is thinking about this program.

papi 12-24-2010 06:28 PM

I find it hard to believe that Dodge would support the new durango and Jeep would leave out the GC? they are both built in the same plant using the same equipment. I hope Jeep rethinks this and adds support to all Jeep owners of 2011 WK2!