Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f197/)
-   -   projectors...a waste or good?? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f197/projectors-a-waste-or-good-16605.html)

ithinkfit914 12-22-2010 03:50 PM

projectors...a waste or good??

Hey guys, thinking about getting some gen III projectors but my buddy said don't waste my money. What do you guys think about them?? Either this or I might just try to find some better oem housings since mine are getting foggy. Tried the headlight restorer kit from 3M worked ok. Didn't bring it back to brand new. Anyway let me know your insights on projectors. Any likes dislikes or comments.

White Chocolate 12-22-2010 03:51 PM

Re: projectors...a waste or good??

For a WJ, the gen III projectors are a good bang for your buck! I believe several members have them on this site.

black_wj 12-22-2010 04:38 PM

ive never experience with them but alot of people say they are good for the money but i wouldnt expect alot from after market projectors cuz they real good projectors cost like 800-1000 bucks i had to restore my stock headlight too using one of those kit and yea they looked good but 3 months later they were the same again and for now i just want to get the oem limited ones on my laredo

ithinkfit914 12-22-2010 04:48 PM

yeah i like the look of my oem limited headlights it's just that one isn't foggy and the other is semi foggy. looks a little better with the restoration kit. Might just order another one to replace the foggy one.

ChiefNWA 12-22-2010 05:30 PM

I have the chrome projectors and I love them. I can't wait to get my HID's in them too!

ithinkfit914 12-22-2010 09:35 PM

still thinking about it. Dunno what to do. How's the visibility chief??

ChiefNWA 12-22-2010 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ithinkfit914 (Post 322114)
still thinking about it. Dunno what to do. How's the visibility chief??

Much better then the stock ones. It is more confined though versus the stock, basically because they are projectors. I have some nice halogens in mine now and they are a vast improvement over my clouded up stocks I had before. I think some HID fogs and the projectors would be great! In my opinion, get them. But, be warned, customer service with Spyder (who I bought them from) is terrible! One of my LED's went out for some reason and Spyder has yet to answer a phone call or email. So, I'm just gonna order a replacement from V-LEDS.

mrjaydeeone 12-22-2010 11:15 PM

I got the gen3 projector headlights in my WJ and I love them. I never got to try them without HIDs but they are far superior to my stock headlights with HIDs

ithinkfit914 12-23-2010 10:08 AM

mrjaydeeone you have stock with HIDS?? How was that in the reflector housing. I have 6000k that i have yet to install bc i dunno if i wanna keep the OEM housings or get the projectors.

mrjaydeeone 12-23-2010 05:35 PM

I had HIDs in my stock heads yes. Well I know what everyone says about the glare, and the output I thought was great, after HIDs I can't go back to halogens. But yeah there was definitely the glare there, and being in a jeep and higher then a car on the road I am sure it was annoying both to oncoming motorists as well as other vehicles I was coming up behind.

stephsman21 12-23-2010 06:31 PM

get a new ebay set of oem ones http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-04...Q5fAccessories

ithinkfit914 12-24-2010 09:16 AM

Yeah I just ordered a new passenger side headlight bc that was the one that was foggy. Gonna throw the hids in them bc i'm tired of just having them sit around in my room haha. We'll see how it works. Eventually I'll get the projectors. I just really like the look of the oem headlights. It screams jeep haha