Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Visual Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/)
-   -   Side Moldings Swap (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/side-moldings-swap-1663.html)

Megatron 07-23-2009 10:32 PM

Side Moldings Swap

Just wondering.

If I trade side moldings with a fellow jeep member, how hard/or is it even possible this can happen?

robpp 07-23-2009 10:36 PM

Re: Side Moldings Swap

its easy.

best way is to pop off the inner door panels, you dont need all the way, just the bottom part. i was able to just pull on the bottom of the inner panel and it popped off. then you reach in and push the pins/clips holding the trim to the door, out.

thats the best way not to mess up what you have on there so you can sell.
and its not that hard. i think on one end of the front there is a small piece of t2 side tape too. but these clips/pins they just push out. its a easy job.

Megatron 07-23-2009 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robpp (Post 38205)
its easy.

best way is to pop off the inner door panels, you dont need all the way, just the bottom part. i was able to just pull on the bottom of the inner panel and it popped off. then you reach in and push the pins/clips holding the trim to the door, out.

thats the best way not to mess up what you have on there so you can sell.
and its not that hard. i think on one end of the front there is a small piece of t2 side tape too. but these clips/pins they just push out. its a easy job.

Thanks Rob.

Is there a chance a clip might break?

robpp 07-23-2009 10:48 PM

i never saw inside the chrome, mine are all the laredo ones. but there is not much chance or breaking them by pushing them through. more risk of breaking one if you try to pull from the outside. but from inside much better odds it will be 100% perfect.
im guessing the chrome ones have similar clips to the Laredo ones. they use the same hole.

Megatron 07-23-2009 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robpp (Post 38210)
i never saw inside the chrome, mine are all the laredo ones. but there is not much chance or breaking them by pushing them through. more risk of breaking one if you try to pull from the outside. but from inside much better odds it will be 100% perfect.
im guessing the chrome ones have similar clips to the Laredo ones. they use the same hole.

Oh all right, I didn't even know about the method you told me. All the ones I remembered seeing was to yank them etc. Thanks for answering the question. Hopefully the member will be willing to trade and can paint his moldings by daniel.

robpp 07-23-2009 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Mamba (Post 38212)
Oh all right, I didn't even know about the method you told me. All the ones I remembered seeing was to yank them etc. Thanks for answering the question. Hopefully the member will be willing to trade and can paint his moldings by daniel.

ok so you are buying laredo ones.....

i got you covered if you need some clips from the other guy YANKING them out. give him the same tips I gave you.

but i have my own yanked out laredo ones, one piece, pushed the rest out LOL anyway i have some spare clips for the laredo if you need them.

Megatron 07-23-2009 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robpp (Post 38217)
ok so you are buying laredo ones.....

i got you covered if you need some clips from the other guy YANKING them out. give him the same tips I gave you.

but i have my own yanked out laredo ones, one piece, pushed the rest out LOL anyway i have some spare clips for the laredo if you need them.

Well, I'm just planning ahead. No purchase yet, but I would like to trade the ones on my wk for a pair of chrome ones. But yeah.

Thanks Rob. Appreciate it your advice and spare clips :lol:

pkang21 07-24-2009 01:24 AM

i want the thin onessssss if u r just gonna buy the chrome ones

AcidCold 07-26-2009 05:23 PM

One day i will be removing my chrome for color matched ones! that will look sick! Oh.. and i need my matching door handles from Justforjeeps..

Megatron 07-26-2009 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AcidCold (Post 39169)
One day i will be removing my chrome for color matched ones! that will look sick! Oh.. and i need my matching door handles from Justforjeeps..

Acid you have PM. :thumbsup:

RedRocker 07-27-2009 07:19 AM

I have a set of chrome strips from my '08 someone can have for shipping (I replaced with color-matched strips). I used the "yank" method to remove them so a few of the clips broke, but a strip of 2-sided tape will fix that.

Megatron 07-27-2009 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedRocker (Post 39306)
I have a set of chrome strips from my '08 someone can have for shipping (I replaced with color-matched strips). I used the "yank" method to remove them so a few of the clips broke, but a strip of 2-sided tape will fix that.

PM'd you sir