Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio, Video, Navigation & Electronic Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/)
-   -   need help with stereo installation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/need-help-with-stereo-installation-16679.html)

99limited 12-24-2010 03:38 PM

need help with stereo installation

ok im hooking up a amp/sub in the jeep. I have my wires ran and my ground is good along with my power (when you touch the ends of both they spark pretty good) and the amp lead is hooked up but my amp wont power up..checked all fuses and still not gettin anything. Thought it might be fuses, tried all fuses on amp in in the whole car and still nothing..ay ideas?

Asativa 12-24-2010 04:17 PM

Re: need help with stereo installation

Sounds like u fried something if u decided touch the wires together and they " sparked pretty good". SMH.

99limited 12-24-2010 09:23 PM

i got it to power up. thanks for the wealth of responses guys haha..and fack the redskins haha

mrjaydeeone 12-24-2010 10:35 PM

hey Ry, what ended up being the issue?

tman1423 12-24-2010 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 99limited (Post 323048)
i got it to power up. thanks for the wealth of responses guys haha..and fack the redskins haha

How bout....fack the cowgirls? hahaha I shouldn't be continuing this BUT I LOVE MY SKINS!!!! yeah I know we suck....oh well...we can just throw money at our problems!

White Chocolate 12-25-2010 01:54 AM

Dude its christmas lol...go hangout with family

99limited 12-25-2010 06:59 AM

ok it was christmas eve a-hole haha and my brother wanted me to get it hooked up as much as i did..the problem was i needed to hook the remote wire up to a fuse, not the back of the CD player like the directions said on the connector package.

White Chocolate 12-25-2010 11:06 AM

Well way to go smart one ;)

2005JGC 12-25-2010 11:44 PM

If i understood you your wrong ;)

if the remote isnt on switched power it will run your amp constantly, hello dead battery. the remote is an on signal from the radio saying "turn on" to the amp, if you have it to key off power its saying "ah hell, lets stay on even though no one is near the car"

99limited 12-26-2010 09:52 AM

yeah i have the wire running to a fuse that shuts it off when i turn the car off..some of the fuses turn the amp off, some dont, i had to do this with my last jeep and i just figured it would shut off no matter which fuse i used, not the case, hello dead battery

TimmyB 12-30-2010 11:13 AM

Next time you do anything electrical in your Jeep I would recommend investing in a decent volt meter, so you can test your wires that way, instead of touching wires together looking for sparks. Like said above that's a good way to fry stuff for no reason.