Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Snowmobile (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/snowmobile-16722.html)

wk2silverbullet 12-26-2010 05:15 PM

Snowmobile

3 Attachment(s)
Had to try the GC in the snow. It is not bad, with winter tires it would be perfect, but you can still drive no problem. It felt better with dial on snow, and 4 low. I do not know if one kills the other one, since with 4 low the TC is off, but the dial did not change, so I guess it can work in combination with the 4 low.

Although it is a heavy vehicle, the braking in snow conditions seems good.( tires and electronic control ), but if you push the pedal hard you will spin so be careful. ( Unless you like to spin in an empty parking lot like me :) )

some pictures...
Attachment 4588
Attachment 4589
Attachment 4590

dubwarren 12-26-2010 05:25 PM

Re: Snowmobile

Cant view the pics for some reason....

wk2silverbullet 12-26-2010 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dubwarren (Post 323554)
Cant view the pics for some reason....

should work now.

White Chocolate 12-26-2010 05:47 PM

I can see em!

kmt16 12-26-2010 05:48 PM

In Connecticut, just drove about 20 miles in 35 minutes better pace then most cars right now - felt very comfortable on the snow

Overland 5.7L in Snow mode

iJeep 12-26-2010 06:05 PM

Nice pics!

Relwarc 12-26-2010 06:19 PM

Haha snow mode? Wonder what that does.... maybe make the traction control more sensative? FYI....4 lo isn't going to be something you'll use much in the snow. That's for pulling/climbing. The lower gear will just make your tires spin sooner.

I'm sure the heavy jeep with the traction control is awesome.

wk2silverbullet 12-26-2010 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Relwarc (Post 323572)
Haha snow mode? Wonder what that does.... maybe make the traction control more sensative? FYI....4 lo isn't going to be something you'll use much in the snow. That's for pulling/climbing. The lower gear will just make your tires spin sooner.

I'm sure the heavy jeep with the traction control is awesome.

Yes, but there was less slip with the 4 low. In snow mode, the tc takes over an you hear one wheel slip here and there. there are many post about how the snow mode etc work. I am just giving my experience.

Anyway, just be careful out there, no matter if you have 4 low 4 high, etc etc.

Relwarc 12-26-2010 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wk2silverbullet (Post 323577)
Yes, but there was less slip with the 4 low. In snow mode, the tc takes over an you hear one wheel slip here and there. there are many post about how the snow mode etc work. I am just giving my experience.

Anyway, just be careful out there, no matter if you have 4 low 4 high, etc etc.

Wasn't trying to call ya out or anything bro, just giving some I info. And ur right about being careful, all these jeeps can easilly become 5K LB sleds!