Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Body Mod Questions (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/body-mod-questions-16731.html)

Crestwood1001 12-27-2010 02:39 AM

Body Mod Questions

Hey guys, now that the holidays are over im holding onto alot of money from my paychecks and I really wanna make my 2005 Grand Cherokee Loredo 4.7L into an SRT8 clone, I know some of you disagree with this but a blacked out SRT8 clone is soooo sexy. I saw the thread with all the part numbers for the parts you need, but im wondering about alot on there. Do I need every single piece listed there or can someone help me out and compact that list for me, I want to go all visual right now, then worry about preformance. Im looking for the front bumper, rear bumper and exhaust tips (ill have a coustom exhaust made) and side skirts, the only other things I would do are 20 inch SRT8 rep wheels in black, and a Venom carbon fiber hood. Can someone give me a basic list of what I need to do what i was saying..... thanks guys!!!

jimmy vegas 12-27-2010 07:13 AM

Re: Body Mod Questions

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crestwood1001 (Post 323700)
Hey guys, now that the holidays are over im holding onto alot of money from my paychecks and I really wanna make my 2005 Grand Cherokee Loredo 4.7L into an SRT8 clone, I know some of you disagree with this but a blacked out SRT8 clone is soooo sexy. I saw the thread with all the part numbers for the parts you need, but im wondering about alot on there. Do I need every single piece listed there or can someone help me out and compact that list for me, I want to go all visual right now, then worry about preformance. Im looking for the front bumper, rear bumper and exhaust tips (ill have a coustom exhaust made) and side skirts, the only other things I would do are 20 inch SRT8 rep wheels in black, and a Venom carbon fiber hood. Can someone give me a basic list of what I need to do what i was saying..... thanks guys!!!

hey man i saw someone on here tryin to sell fr bumper wireing kit ,,dont know how old the post was but its on here ,,,hel i say do it man its your ride,,ive been thinking of putting 99 saleen door and windshield stickers on my 98 5.9 ,also i was looking at rep srt8 wheels until i seen the price,, thats what got me thinking saleen cause mustang wheels fit and they are only like 110 a piece for 18s any way good luck man

Crestwood1001 12-27-2010 11:04 AM

I think I saw that to, iv already got the factory fogs so its all good there, I just need details on exactly what ill need for the conversion

White Chocolate 12-27-2010 11:31 AM

Hey bro, you need exactly everything on that list. If you are going to do the rear bumper, you will need to do something with the current exhaust setup you have.

I'm actually in the process of doing a front end conversion. Just making my payment from two of the members here! good luck!

PS, SRT8 reps from factoy reproductions are VERY cheap and inexpensive. Great way to go

Crestwood1001 12-27-2010 11:39 PM

Details on this factory reproductions????????

White Chocolate 12-27-2010 11:52 PM

go to their website, they also sell on ebay

Crestwood1001 12-28-2010 12:26 AM

All that im seeing is wheels.....

TheAngryMinnow 12-28-2010 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crestwood1001 (Post 324123)
All that im seeing is wheels.....

SRT reps = SRT replica wheels, not entire packages

GR33N D3M0N 12-28-2010 07:09 AM

Good luck!! And with the srt8 exhaust, you'll lose the spare...can't wait to see pics!

Crestwood1001 12-29-2010 01:40 AM

Im undecided on weather i want to do the SRT-8 conversion or do a full lift/fire/brush guards conversion. I did just get done installing a rear view camera which is nice. Any opinions on the matter? Pros and cons to both? I live in NE PA so we get average amounts of bad weather, also im a volunteer fire fighter so im regularly parked near emergency scenes and things like that.

SvenskaJeepGuy 12-29-2010 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crestwood1001 (Post 324651)
Im undecided on weather i want to do the SRT-8 conversion or do a full lift/fire/brush guards conversion. I did just get done installing a rear view camera which is nice. Any opinions on the matter? Pros and cons to both? I live in NE PA so we get average amounts of bad weather, also im a volunteer fire fighter so im regularly parked near emergency scenes and things like that.

are you in mountaintop?

Crestwood1001 12-29-2010 09:06 PM

Yep, ur from scranton?