Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   Droid X Phonebook Download (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/droid-x-phonebook-download-16753.html)

nedk 12-27-2010 04:43 PM

Droid X Phonebook Download

I can pair and make calls with the Droid X in a 2011 WK2. Any tips on downloading the contacts from the X to Uconnect? Doesn't seem to auto download. Thanks.

esports15 12-27-2010 07:42 PM

Re: Droid X Phonebook Download

Quote:

Originally Posted by nedk (Post 323915)
I can pair and make calls with the Droid X in a 2011 WK2. Any tips on downloading the contacts from the X to Uconnect? Doesn't seem to auto download. Thanks.

My droid x downloads contacts everytime I enter the car. All you have to do is say "call _______"

ROBO 01-24-2011 01:42 PM

I have the new Droid X the phone paired with no problem and within 1 Min. the phone asked for permission to download phone book which I did and it loaded fine . However I cant get the Samsung Rogue to download tghe phone book very strange!

Hollywood 01-24-2011 01:48 PM

I have the Droid Incredible with over 1,200 contacts in my phone book. I read somewhere the GC unit will only take up to 1,000 contacts. Anyone have any further info??

mrpositraction 01-24-2011 01:54 PM

Does it actually download it? I can't access on the screen the entries but if I speak them it will call that contact.

Technosavant 01-24-2011 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrpositraction (Post 340717)
Does it actually download it? I can't access on the screen the entries but if I speak them it will call that contact.

That's how it works. I don't think it actually stores the phone book locally on the unit on a permanent basis; it just reads them off the phone and holds them in temporary memory.

Rosewood 01-24-2011 09:46 PM

My droid 2 will connect via bluetooth and then the system say no phone; however, it will receive phone calls through the system. strange

KRNEWC 06-11-2011 10:43 AM

Re: Droid X Phonebook Download - phonebook synch/usability issue

JGC-Overland 2011 - few questions on the blue tooth - smart phone (DROID 2) synch of address book...several attemps (including those w/ dealership staff) cant get proper synch of address book. Multiple devices in one name - convert to multiple names for a listing (no indication of home, mobile, etc) and all link to same number (although I wouldnt know that without actually dialing)...love the car but this is very frustrating and makes phonebook unable:(
anyone experience same? solutions?
thought it might be user error - but the dealership couldnt resolve - figure there is someone out there way smarter than I...thanks so much. krnewc

Hollywood 06-11-2011 10:58 AM

No solution, sorry. I've tried with both an hTc Incredible and Thunderbolt. Both sync/bluetooth fine, but neither address book is correct or works with VR. :mad:

Don't know if it's because I have over 1,000 contacts or not, but even my wife's old LG phone with only 30 or so contacts, won't dial up a person with VR.