Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Technical Tips/DIY/How-To (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f187/)
-   -   HOW TO: Install DiabloSport Predator for 2007 wk 5.7 Hemi, a pictorial guide! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f187/how-to-install-diablosport-predator-for-2007-wk-5-7-hemi-a-pictorial-guide-16764.html)

JeepCoop 12-27-2010 11:09 PM

HOW TO: Install DiabloSport Predator for 2007 wk 5.7 Hemi, a pictorial guide!
 
This was a super easy install, but I decided to show you all "how to" anyways!

Open to box containing the fun. (Notice my lil predator "Rhodey" likes the Diablo! haha)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...c/DSC05314.jpg

Purdy ain't she? And not a bad thing to say on the box! haha
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...c/DSC05315.jpg

This is the port you plug the Predator into
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...c/DSC05317.jpg

Plug it in and it will automatically turn on. (Make sure your key is turned to the OFF position and everything else is off too)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...c/DSC05319.jpg

And away we go...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...c/DSC05322.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...c/DSC05356.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...c/DSC05325.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...c/DSC05326.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...c/DSC05328.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...c/DSC05331.jpg

The Diablo Predator stores your stock tuning
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...c/DSC05334.jpg

Had a lil time to visit JG from my iPhone4 via TapTalk! :p
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...c/DSC05335.jpg

Predator backed-up w stock tuning
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...c/DSC05343.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...c/DSC05344.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...c/DSC05345.jpg

As the tune is being installed the system automatically checks the sensors
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...c/DSC05347.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...c/DSC05348.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...c/DSC05351.jpg

Thanks!! :D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...c/DSC05352.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...c/DSC05353.jpg

All good, no warning lights or trouble codes at all! :)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...c/DSC05354.jpg

After a 10 mile cruise here is my assessment: I definitely noticed a big gain. I only did the 91 Octane tune, adjusted the tire size, adjusted tire PSI sensors and made the throttle a lil more sensitive for now! I would love to know what other tunes you guys who have Predators have used as well...?

All-in-all, It's a great performance upgrade. I definitely recommend it!! I will check in after a month to give an updated report and see if I get any MPGs out of it! Thanks for reading, and have fun! :thumbsup:

Coop!

Robert Palmer 12-27-2010 11:15 PM

Re: HOW TO: Install DiabloSport Predator for 2007 wk 5.7 Hemi, a pictorial guide!
 
If you can, get a CMR tune (custom tune) for your Jeep. It is leaps and bounds better than the canned tunes that come preloaded onto the Predator. I have my SRT tuned by Johan at Diablosport. Great guy to deal with and his tunes are affordable for everyone!

JeepCoop 12-27-2010 11:27 PM

Re: HOW TO: Install DiabloSport Predator for 2007 wk 5.7 Hemi, a pictorial guide!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Palmer (Post 324090)
If you can, get a CMR tune (custom tune) for your Jeep. It is leaps and bounds better than the canned tunes that come preloaded onto the Predator. I have my SRT tuned by Johan at Diablosport. Great guy to deal with and his tunes are affordable for everyone!

Yea I remember you saying that from the other post. How much more gain do you feel you got? Did you just send him your tuner and he loads it, and sends it back? Any finally, (lol 20 questions, I know) do you have Johans info? Thx Joe

Robert Palmer 12-27-2010 11:34 PM

Re: HOW TO: Install DiabloSport Predator for 2007 wk 5.7 Hemi, a pictorial guide!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gregrocks79 (Post 324094)
Yea I remember you saying that from the other post. How much more gain do you feel you got? Did you just send him your tuner and he loads it, and sends it back? Any finally, (lol 20 questions, I know) do you have Johans info? Thx Joe

I would say an additional 10-15 hp over the canned tune. But the main thing with a CMR tune is the driveability. So much better than the canned tunes.

What happens is that you grab a copy of your stock tune off the Jeep, have it in the Predator, download all necessary software off of diablosport.com, grab the tune off the Predator, email it to Johan and he sends you a CMR tune which you put onto the Predator using the same software you used to grab the stock tune off the tool, upload it to the Jeep and enjoy.


His email is diablotoona@gmail.com

JeepCoop 12-27-2010 11:41 PM

Re: HOW TO: Install DiabloSport Predator for 2007 wk 5.7 Hemi, a pictorial guide!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Palmer (Post 324099)
I would say an additional 10-15 hp over the canned tune. But the main thing with a CMR tune is the driveability. So much better than the canned tunes.

What happens is that you grab a copy of your stock tune off the Jeep, have it in the Predator, download all necessary software off of diablosport.com, grab the tune off the Predator, email it to Johan and he sends you a CMR tune which you put onto the Predator using the same software you used to grab the stock tune off the tool, upload it to the Jeep and enjoy.


His email is diablotoona@gmail.com

Ok sweet that sounds good, I'll email him! Thx maing rep for you!

lol at canned tunes btw! :thumbsup:

White Chocolate 12-27-2010 11:49 PM

Re: HOW TO: Install DiabloSport Predator for 2007 wk 5.7 Hemi, a pictorial guide!
 
Sweet post Man!!!

JeepCoop 12-28-2010 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White Chocolate (Post 324104)
Sweet post Man!!!

Thx seņor chocolate!!

moosehead 12-28-2010 10:39 PM

Re: HOW TO: Install DiabloSport Predator for 2007 wk 5.7 Hemi, a pictorial guide!
 
Whoa, I had no clue how the Tuner's worked. Thanks for a great post gregrocks79 +rep. Much appreciate the CMR reference as well RP.

Crap.

JeepCoop 12-29-2010 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moosehead (Post 324606)
Whoa, I had no clue how the Tuner's worked. Thanks for a great post gregrocks79 +rep. Much appreciate the CMR reference as well RP.

Crap.

No prob thx for the rep!!! These kinda posts help me in my decisions so why not return the favor!! Hope this helped you out!! :)

RUDEZ 12-29-2010 12:29 AM

Re: HOW TO: Install DiabloSport Predator for 2007 wk 5.7 Hemi, a pictorial guide!
 
No option for 89 Octane? :)

JeepCoop 12-29-2010 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RUDEZ (Post 324641)
No option for 89 Octane? :)

Lol nope. 87, 91, n 93. Although like rp says it's all about the CMR. I talked to his contact and the CMR is much better. The "canned tunes" are ok, but to get a more detailed tune for your wk gotta finish it off w the CMR.

ltdan 01-10-2011 09:35 PM

Re: HOW TO: Install DiabloSport Predator for 2007 wk 5.7 Hemi, a pictorial guide!
 
Nice write up!
Just thought I might add my own experience with the DSP.
If after you load the tune and go to drive off, you suddenly realize that all is not well with your GC (mine had no acceleration and wouldn't shift correctly), don't panic, you didn't kill it! Just disconnect the battery for a few mintues, then re-connect and you should be good to go.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community