Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   My thoughts after a small road trip (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/my-thoughts-after-a-small-road-trip-16780.html)

DannyG 12-28-2010 10:58 AM

My thoughts after a small road trip

It's been almost two months since I pickud up my Overland 4x4 Hemi and have had no complaints at all (and plenty of compliments!). Last week I drove it out to Ohio to spend Christmas with my girlfriend's family. One way, about 500 miles in 8 hours. Yesterday, I returned to NJ just in time to navigate through 30 inches of poorly plowed snow in town.

The drive went by in no time as I enjoyed the warmest, quietest, most comfortable ride I can remember. I averaged just over 19 mpg total and the snow didn't even stand a chance. I hope all of you are enjoying yours as much as I am mine!

Cherodude 12-28-2010 01:39 PM

Re: My thoughts after a small road trip

Nice report!

Cperez 12-29-2010 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DannyG (Post 324220)
It's been almost two months since I pickud up my Overland 4x4 Hemi and have had no complaints at all (and plenty of compliments!). Last week I drove it out to Ohio to spend Christmas with my girlfriend's family. One way, about 500 miles in 8 hours. Yesterday, I returned to NJ just in time to navigate through 30 inches of poorly plowed snow in town.

The drive went by in no time as I enjoyed the warmest, quietest, most comfortable ride I can remember. I averaged just over 19 mpg total and the snow didn't even stand a chance. I hope all of you are enjoying yours as much as I am mine!

I will be looking for excuses to take road trips for the next several months and beyond. After I got home last night, my wife mentioned that her folks would be needing a ride to their winter place in FL. I cheerfully offered to drive them in my new Overland. She added that it had to be in their car. :eek:

Suddenly, my schedule filled up.

DG, loving this MPG report of yours and hoping for same after break-in period.

Skip Lincoln 12-30-2010 03:58 PM

I drove from the New Hampshire border in Mass to central New Jersey on Tuesday in my 2011 5.7 Overland. With only 1500 miles on the clock, I arrived with 19.4 MPG showing in the EVIC. Filled it just when I left. Lots of stop & go in Hartford and plenty of 70+ cruising elsewhere.

I'm really pleased with the overall economy of the Hemi and the trip was as comfortable as my 300C.

I'm with you Cperez.

Skip

mrpositraction 12-31-2010 02:35 PM

I took a trip home to MI (2000 miles round trip) and I average 16.5mpg fully loaded (2 adults, 1 child, 3 dogs, and the soft luggage bag on top of the roof at 80mph. Two days ago, I went on a 300 mile roudn trip for work. On the way there, 80mph empty (just me in the car) 19.1mpg. On the way back, 80mph, 6x12 enclosed trailer with bout 1200lbs in it, 11mpg.

Overall I am very pleased, I didn't even know the trailer was back there most of the times. (It was a U-Haul trailer for reference).

The MPG has impressed me since I got this. It will only get better, they always do.

FYI, I have 3000 miles logged so far on the new Cherokee.