Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Snow Mode with Quadra Lift Issue (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/snow-mode-with-quadra-lift-issue-16804.html)

Frank G 12-28-2010 06:44 PM

Snow Mode with Quadra Lift Issue

My WK2 performed by far better than my 01 wj and 05 wk did i this weekends past snow storm HOWEVER since I was driving in 10"+ snow I had the Jeep in the 2nd setting on the Quadra Lift and as soon as I flipped the 4wd Selector to the "Snow Mode" the jeep dropped to "Normal driving height"

WTF would the jeep in snow mode not remain in the 2nd setting on the lift.

Wouldnt it make sense to drive a little higher up in snow?????

Very confused with the design setting. Any ideas?????

OneCent 12-28-2010 06:57 PM

Re: Snow Mode with Quadra Lift Issue

well, as long as your tire hit the ground you don't need to lift your wk2. Can you change the quadra lift settings after you have switched to the "Snow" mode?

Frank G 12-28-2010 07:01 PM

No once it was in snow mode, it wouldnt lift. But as soon as I switched back to auto the lift worked fine.

Lingohocken 12-28-2010 07:25 PM

That makes no sense. We want QL mainly to rise above unplowed snow, which we have to do every winter.

moosehead 12-28-2010 07:54 PM

In snow mode, I prefer normal ride height to keep the vehicle a bit lower and more stable. Ya got 8" of clearance at NRH.

If it's really deep, I use rock setting, or auto and raise QL if variable.

It's all good.

GlowingGhoul 12-28-2010 07:59 PM

I was in 16" of unplowed snow, went into snow mode, and raised to Off Road 2 height without a problem, multiple times.

The only related issue I had was that when using the remote start, it lowered back to Normal Ride Height, crushing the snow underneath :)

Using the regular start method, ride height stayed at Off Road 2.

I was AMAZED at how well I got through deep snow without fishtailing at all, even when accelerating hard! I love my WJ, but the WK2 really, really knows how to handle snow.

Knightrider03m 12-28-2010 08:44 PM

^^^^

That is the nanny traction control system that kept you from fishtailing. Too bad I can't turn it all the way off. I would like to go up an icy driveway with out popping it on 4wd

Anand 12-28-2010 09:07 PM

I had a similar experience...wasn't driving but I was navigating out a spot...when I put it in snow mode it dropped the truck back down to normal ride height....strange.

Frank G 12-29-2010 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anand (Post 324530)
I had a similar experience...wasn't driving but I was navigating out a spot...when I put it in snow mode it dropped the truck back down to normal ride height....strange.

Yep, Still Does not make any sense!!!! Ground clearance is pretty important to me in Snow.

Redcivic47 12-29-2010 07:10 AM

You can raise it back up to off road 2 after it goes into snow as long as you stay slow like under 15 mph.

Frank G 12-29-2010 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redcivic47 (Post 324682)
You can raise it back up to off road 2 after it goes into snow as long as you stay slow like under 15 mph.

Ill have to retry. I believe when I was in off road(Lift) 2 and put in "snow mode" it went to normal driving height and when i depressed the lift button. To bring me back up. It just blinked and would not activate the lift. As soon as I put in auto mode the lift worked.

I dont belive I have a "Problem" with the 4wd or Lift. Just IMHO not a well thought out system.

But I will retry it when it snows again.

ALL IN ALL this jeep probably handled the best of any vehicle I have driving. My JK was awesome and nothing stopped it But the 11 WK just seemed to be in complete control. No fishtailing or lose of control.

Anand 12-29-2010 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank G (Post 324708)
Ill have to retry. I believe when I was in off road(Lift) 2 and put in "snow mode" it went to normal driving height and when i depressed the lift button. To bring me back up. It just blinked and would not activate the lift. As soon as I put in auto mode the lift worked.

Frank, I tried again. I had the truck in the most lifted setting and Auto mode, I switched to Snow mode and it didn't drop but the lights did start flashing. When I hit the button to lift twice I guess it just confirmed the height and it stayed.

So the I started driving through some snow, what happen next was a message that popped up on the evic that said " To maintain your height you have to slow down" not exactly that but of that nature:)...I switched it from Snow to Mud/Sand mode and the lights didn't blink it just kept the height and switched the mode....

I am thinking there might be some sort of a order that things need to occur in ..example; put in mode then adjust height, or maybe vice versa...not sure.... I will play with it some more later.

All in all, I agree this is the best 4x4 I have owned to date.:thumbsup: