Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Hemi Block Heater (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/hemi-block-heater-16861.html)

WK2OverlandII 12-30-2010 04:48 PM

Hemi Block Heater

Has anyone installed an engine block heater on a Hemi? I'm wondering if it installs in the same location as the Ram 5.7L Hemi's which is in a port behind the starter. If so does anyone have the OEM part number for the block heater for the WK2 Hemi? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks

whatevrworks 12-30-2010 05:31 PM

Re: Hemi Block Heater

http://moparestore.trademotion.com/m...s/K6861087.pdf

nek121328 12-30-2010 06:09 PM

Had mine installed on the assembly line.

bozer 12-30-2010 06:22 PM

What does a heater do?

WK2OverlandII 12-30-2010 06:25 PM

Thanks. I guess my next question is in the instructions it says, "it may be necessary to move the front exaust pipe" does anyone have any experience with this? That is were they able to sneak the heater by the pipe without having to remove the pipe? I guess either way I will find out as I ordered the block heater and will find out next week when it comes in.

Thanks again "whatevrworks".

whatevrworks 12-30-2010 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WK2OverlandII (Post 325447)
Thanks. I guess my next question is in the instructions it says, "it may be necessary to move the front exaust pipe" does anyone have any experience with this? That is were they able to sneak the heater by the pipe without having to remove the pipe? I guess either way I will find out as I ordered the block heater and will find out next week when it comes in.

Thanks again "whatevrworks".

are you doing the install or having the dealer do it?

WK2OverlandII 12-30-2010 06:46 PM

I'm going to look at this weekend and decide from there. I think the hardest part would be removing that front pipe and then ensuring that when it goes back together that everthing is flush. Other than that I don't think it will be too difficult. I'm going to remove tha engine cover and use a mirrior to see how much room is between the pipe and the port hole where the heater is inserted. I just hoping there's enough clearance to sneak it in the hole.

whatevrworks 12-30-2010 06:48 PM

Well let us know, because if you can get it in there I will probably get one. But dont want to have the stealer do it, so all depends on install difficultly.

WK2OverlandII 12-30-2010 06:54 PM

I'll keep you posted. Thanks again.

WK2OverlandII 12-31-2010 11:12 AM

I looked between the firewall and the back of the engine with a small mechanics mirror and there appears to be enough room to sneak the heater past the front pipe. I believe I can install the block heater from on top (under the hood) without having to get under the vehicle. It's pretty tight but down where the block heater is installed there is more room. I'll know more when I get the heater as it will depend completely on its length. It won't be until the 5th as that’s when it comes in, I will keep you posted.

moosehead 12-31-2010 11:23 AM

^Thanks WK2O2, look forward to hearing how it goes. Hoping install works from above.

Would love to have the heater as past two weeks every night has been subzero here, and past few days have stayed negative. The WK2 has performed well despite real cold, would just like to give 'er a little love.

HNY all.

Red G8R 12-31-2010 12:03 PM

You and the Jeep will love it.
Our Canadian verions all come with it standard but convenience and aesthetics, I added an extension cord to it, ran it from the right front (where the factory leaves it) to back along the top area of the fire wall (there is a convenient gap) and out at the base of the driver's wiper blade area. That way there is no cord hanging in the front but conveniently sitting and hidden in that recessed area of the driver's wiper blade base. I also zipped tied it a few times along the way for security. Use an appropriate gage cord and preferably made for outdoor use.