Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Off Road Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f42/)
-   -   Hi Lift Jack!! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f42/hi-lift-jack-16866.html)

JeepCoop 12-30-2010 07:45 PM

Hi Lift Jack!!
 
Just got my new one (gotta have one if you're playing in the dirt, mud, snow, sand, etc right?!) and I was wondering where you all have em mounted...?? I may eventually get a Rola Rack up top but till then, where's a good place for this nice piece of machinery??

maxst2 12-30-2010 11:51 PM

Re: Hi Lift Jack!!
 
I got my rola rack right from 4xguard.com

OBXJeep 12-31-2010 08:58 AM

Re: Hi Lift Jack!!
 
I had thought about getting a hilift and I was trying to figure out the samething. Not too many places though. The Rola was the best option.

206WJ 12-31-2010 10:56 AM

Re: Hi Lift Jack!!
 
A lot of my friends swear by keeping them inside their rig. They make mounts for them, but I added mine to the rack with a couple of 1/2" lag bolts, a few washers and 1/2" wing nuts. Then I filled the holes I drilled with some silicone, and I was done. Never had a problem, and I forgot to put the lock back on about 8 months ago without it being stolen.

http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/a...6WJ02/Sub1.jpg

JeepCoop 12-31-2010 11:36 AM

Re: Hi Lift Jack!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 206WJ (Post 325739)
A lot of my friends swear by keeping them inside their rig. They make mounts for them, but I added mine to the rack with a couple of 1/2" lag bolts, a few washers and 1/2" wing nuts. Then I filled the holes I drilled with some silicone, and I was done. Never had a problem, and I forgot to put the lock back on about 8 months ago without it being stolen.

http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/a...6WJ02/Sub1.jpg


Nice that's what I was thinkin of doin. I may install it inside the rig but well see. For now Ill just toss it in there when I go play in the dirt.

Nice to know your hi lift wasnt "jacked" (muahaha get it hi lift jack?! :o)

Thx everyone Happy NYE!!!! Be safe, have fun and most importantly GET SOME!!! :thumbsup:

AcidCold 12-31-2010 02:23 PM

Re: Hi Lift Jack!!
 
I drilled two holes on my roof rails and ran two bolts. This is the only picture i have that kind of shows it.


http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z...h142009015.jpg

BlackedOutWK 12-31-2010 03:35 PM

Re: Hi Lift Jack!!
 
saguaro makes a mount for them...

http://www.saguaro4xcomponents.com/i...s/S4CAC003.jpg

JeepCoop 12-31-2010 04:01 PM

Re: Hi Lift Jack!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackedOutWK (Post 325935)

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet thx Rob I'm digging this one the best! :thumbsup:

nine 12-31-2010 07:02 PM

Re: Hi Lift Jack!!
 
2 Attachment(s)
I found the short hi-lift fits in the cargo area quite well. I ened up using two 1 inch cam-lock straps to tie my hi-lift, axe, and shovel in the back of the cargo area

nine

BlackedOutWK 01-01-2011 10:51 AM

Re: Hi Lift Jack!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gregrocks79 (Post 325947)
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet thx Rob I'm digging this one the best! :thumbsup:

you are welcome. if you go that route be sure to take some pics for us!

JeepCoop 01-01-2011 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackedOutWK (Post 326169)
you are welcome. if you go that route be sure to take some pics for us!

Most def!! Kinda like what nine did in the cargo area. Nice work nine. Simple, clean and effective against theft and corrosion

cort692 01-05-2011 09:59 AM

Re: Hi Lift Jack!!
 
If you dont have rock rails or bumpers on your wk.... where are you getting a hilift point anyway? just wonderingg


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community