Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   2011 Grand cherokee aftermarket stereo install help!! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/2011-grand-cherokee-aftermarket-stereo-install-help-16906.html)

Rydrdg 01-01-2011 11:19 AM

2011 Grand cherokee aftermarket stereo install help!!

Hello i just install a pioneer x920 bt double din. I shaved off the inside frame a little with a dremel to make it fit. Now it look georgeuos! everything worked fine except my fm radio it does not get reception. I used the 40 eu10 antenna adapter. I called Crutchfield they say to tye the (Pac) adpater harness blue wire to the pioneer harness blue and white stripe wire in order to activate the powered antenna which is located on my roof. Still no radio reception! any ideas? Also I have the basic 2011 grand cherokee jeep V6 4x4 laredo with the standard alpine without subwoofer

moosehead 01-01-2011 02:25 PM

Re: 2011 Grand cherokee aftermarket stereo install help!!

OP, that Pioneer is a nice unit. Would like to see your installed photos on the Double Din.

If you don't have it, see the below weblink at the bottom of the page for the Pioneer Owners and Install Manuals.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...IC-X920BT.html

You may be able to plug your antenna male plug directly into the back of the Pioneer receiver without the use of the 40 EU10 adapter. I thought this adapter was used to adapt Euro head units to domestic antenna?

I didn't realize the Jeep antenna were powered? Is there a separate power cord from the antenna, or just the black antenna cord with male plug?

Rydrdg 01-01-2011 05:25 PM

You can not plug antenna wire directly you must use the adapter wire a mention before. The antenna adapter is male and fits perfectly but still no reception...I tried troubleshooting as mention earlier in my thread but still no FM signal...

Rydrdg 01-01-2011 05:35 PM

check out my profile pix you will see the double din navi pioneer x920 bt with the bypass mod installed sent from my droid x. Its a little blurry but it fit and look like oem better than the dealer..oh yah the dash kit is from Metra. I ordered it from a local audio installer place, it is Metra model 95-6513B

Rydrdg 01-01-2011 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moosehead (Post 326230)
OP, that Pioneer is a nice unit. Would like to see your installed photos on the Double Din.

If you don't have it, see the below weblink at the bottom of the page for the Pioneer Owners and Install Manuals.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...IC-X920BT.html

You may be able to plug your antenna male plug directly into the back of the Pioneer receiver without the use of the 40 EU10 adapter. I thought this adapter was used to adapt Euro head units to domestic antenna?

I didn't realize the Jeep antenna were powered? Is there a separate power cord from the antenna, or just the black antenna cord with male plug?

yah the adapter cord is male it fit but no reception..I tried troubleshooting by the method i mention earlier and still it dont work...

Djeazie 01-01-2011 10:41 PM

Maybe you plugged it into the sat. radio antenna. Try swapping them.

Rydrdg 01-02-2011 05:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Djeazie (Post 326614)
Maybe you plugged it into the sat. radio antenna. Try swapping them.

I tried but it dont fit the other connector which is yellow it has a opposite fitting. What was funny was I called crutchedfield I asked them if they tried the part and check if it work, they said no. They just sell the part and the pix is from the manufacturer.

sined240 01-02-2011 07:52 AM

maybe you need an amplified version of that antenna adapter

Rydrdg 01-02-2011 09:40 AM

Anybody here install aftermarket stereo yet?

Tyrant_246 01-02-2011 11:08 PM

Rydrdg, i remember back when i installed the Pioneer F700 in my charger i got the same issue.
the cause was a wire for the amp output on the PAC harness, i did not install it coz i thought i did not need it but you have to connect this wire even if you dont have an amp.
the connection is done between the amp output of the stereo (its a blue wire if i recall correctly) to the white/blue wire amp connection on the PAC harness.

with the above wires hooked up i got the sound working :).

Rydrdg 01-03-2011 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyrant_246 (Post 327244)
Rydrdg, i remember back when i installed the Pioneer F700 in my charger i got the same issue.
the cause was a wire for the amp output on the PAC harness, i did not install it coz i thought i did not need it but you have to connect this wire even if you dont have an amp.
the connection is done between the amp output of the stereo (its a blue wire if i recall correctly) to the white/blue wire amp connection on the PAC harness.

with the above wires hooked up i got the sound working :).

I tried that no signal all i get is one station but still lots of static.

Rydrdg 01-03-2011 10:15 PM

Well this weekend I will try to stick a metal coat hanger in antenna port if there is reception that means the antenna adapter is bad if there no reception the pioneer antenna port could be bad so I will have to send unit back to crutchfield and get a new one. Hopefully its not!