Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   center dash object? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/center-dash-object-16942.html)

wkjeepgirl86 01-02-2011 11:11 AM

center dash object?

I bought the jeep used with an aftermarket remote start. i was wondering if the thing on the center of the dash is a light or a sensor. If it is a light its not lighting up. Some one please help confirm what this is thanks

kerndone 01-02-2011 11:12 AM

Re: center dash object?

You may be referring to the sensor for the auto headlights...

jeff05wk 01-02-2011 11:23 AM

Yep... the sunlight sensor for your auto headlights. I had no clue what it was when I first purchased my Jeep either. Hell, I thought it was some sort of compass, lol.

ohioscott 01-02-2011 10:17 PM

Light sensor

I too have an aftermarket remote start. Do you have trouble with dash lights and traction control after remote start??

wkjeepgirl86 01-03-2011 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohioscott (Post 327217)
Light sensor

I too have an aftermarket remote start. Do you have trouble with dash lights and traction control after remote start??

As long as i dont touch the kill switch i dont hve problems otherwise i was getting traction control and the esp light come on and then the jeep had no power to move when you stepped on the gas. you would have to turn the car off and back on and everything would be fine. I havent touched the switch in moths and it hasnt acted up since

ohioscott 01-04-2011 10:12 AM

We get basically the same with our Aftermarket remote start. I have chucked it up to the security and computer seeing a start without the key and getting confused. We use the remote start to start and warm up the car but when we get in we turn it off and back on again with the key and there has never been any continued problems.

Just today though I got the ESP/BAS light and the Traction control light. I did not use the remote start and it would not reset by turning off/on the car again.

little electrical gremlins running around in the car? I don't like that the traction control may be off in the winter with my wife and our 1 year old primarly in the Jeep.

I drive a rusted 77' pickup in the winter and a Motorcycle in the summer so my own concern for my safety is pretty low. I do take great comfort in having my wife and daughter in the Jeep though.

wkjeepgirl86 01-04-2011 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohioscott (Post 328142)
We get basically the same with our Aftermarket remote start. I have chucked it up to the security and computer seeing a start without the key and getting confused. We use the remote start to start and warm up the car but when we get in we turn it off and back on again with the key and there has never been any continued problems.

Just today though I got the ESP/BAS light and the Traction control light. I did not use the remote start and it would not reset by turning off/on the car again.

little electrical gremlins running around in the car? I don't like that the traction control may be off in the winter with my wife and our 1 year old primarly in the Jeep.

I drive a rusted 77' pickup in the winter and a Motorcycle in the summer so my own concern for my safety is pretty low. I do take great comfort in having my wife and daughter in the Jeep though.

I remote start the car all the time by the key fob and the interior lock unlock sequence and no problems only when i touch the kill switch they installed