Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   Confused on current SW version on 730N RER (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/confused-on-current-sw-version-on-730n-rer-16947.html)

salsfirst 01-02-2011 01:52 PM

Confused on current SW version on 730N RER

I have the 730N RER in my Jeep. I'm confused on whether I have the most up to date SW, maps, etc. Also the mygig site that I would expect to find the updates doesn't make sense at all. Any help appreciated.

Here is my info:
Software
Application: 2.201
Gracenotes: 2057
Database: RS21-N 1004 3.3.3
SDS: 170901

Hardware
Serial #: T00BE323056315
System: 6816 009 3.8

whatevrworks 01-02-2011 02:01 PM

I have the 2.201 installed on mine with an august build date.

litespeedz 01-02-2011 02:31 PM

Re: Confused on current SW version on 730N RER

I have 2.201 on mine - from a November build date. I think 2.3 is the current version. Supposedly v2.4 is coming out this month. I know there is a web-site where someone is hosting the updates. If you search the forums for MyGig updates you should find it. I have no idea when it will be out, but I saw Milous post something about it in late November saying we could expect an update in January. I think it just a software update to fix some iPhone4 connectivity issues, and is not related to Maps. I didn't update to 2.3 because my iPhone bluetooth sort of works (with the exception of caller ID) and I don't want to mess with it unless I know it would make it better. The map update is probably separate and expensive. I think that is through Navteq.

papi 01-03-2011 07:11 PM

I'm waiting for the January update. I can only get phone calls using my iPhone 4. I can't dial out. Very frustrating!

jeffnin 01-03-2011 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by papi (Post 327769)
I'm waiting for the January update. I can only get phone calls using my iPhone 4. I can't dial out. Very frustrating!

Fingers crossed on my end as well. I can't even make calls let alone receive. I finally turned bluetooth off on my iPhone since it keeps locking up. Works fine with my BMW, go figure.

mhassler 01-04-2011 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by papi (Post 327769)

I agree. I can recieve but i can't dial. And, the lovely voice recognition (i wish i could dial numbers like in my wifes Benz) confuses my wifes name with 911... and for the record the two soun dnothing alike.

Cperez 01-04-2011 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhassler (Post 328358)
And, the lovely voice recognition (i wish i could dial numbers like in my wifes Benz) confuses my wifes name with 911... and for the record the two soun dnothing alike.

You should be able to get some good mileage out of that at dinner parties! :lol:

litespeedz 01-04-2011 09:01 PM

Has anybody heard when and how the update will be released? I would love to have the caller ID work on incoming calls.

Shem 01-10-2011 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by litespeedz (Post 328488)
Has anybody heard when and how the update will be released? I would love to have the caller ID work on incoming calls.

The 730n RHR (the newer version to the older RER) I believe is a hardware upgrade, not a software upgrade. I have an Overland on order which I am requesting the 730n RHR version, even if I have to wait. According to Jeep (had to bypass my dealer on this one), the RHR radio is due to hit new production builds within the next month (hopefully). What I hear through these blogs is that dealers will finally (and hopefully) see by this week the 730n RHR option when placing new orders.

On another note, according to Jeep, what seems to be slowing down the production of a new Grand Cherokee is not so much the 730n RHR but if you request the New Saddle interior or Mineral Gray exterior. Those have been the most popular requests and new orders for those options might not see productions for months.

From dealing with both dealer, Jeep, and these online blogs, the only thing concrete regarding the 730n RHR radio is that NOTHING is concrete.

mjw930 01-10-2011 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shem (Post 331824)
The 730n RHR (the newer version to the older RER) I believe is a hardware upgrade, not a software upgrade. I have an Overland on order which I am requesting the 730n RHR version, even if I have to wait. According to Jeep (had to bypass my dealer on this one), the RHR radio is due to hit new production builds within the next month (hopefully). What I hear through these blogs is that dealers will finally (and hopefully) see by this week the 730n RHR option when placing new orders.

On another note, according to Jeep, what seems to be slowing down the production of a new Grand Cherokee is not so much the 730n RHR but if you request the New Saddle interior or Mineral Gray exterior. Those have been the most popular requests and new orders for those options might not see productions for months.

From dealing with both dealer, Jeep, and these online blogs, the only thing concrete regarding the 730n RHR radio is that NOTHING is concrete.

According to who at Jeep? That statement is contrary to everything I've learned here and from my dealer. First off, you don't "request" Mineral Gray or Saddle interior, you "order" it. Currently Saddle interior is not orderable and Mineral Grey has no restrictions placed on it. If a part or option is a problem for production it either goes on restriction or is removed from the ordering system.

Maybe he's talking about dealer stock orders. Those get shuffled back to allow production of sold orders.

BTW, my sold order went into firm order status 3 days after it was entered in the system which is much faster than normal. That means it has a firm schedule for production and will get an actual production build date very soon. (see sig for color and model)

Shem 01-11-2011 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjw930 (Post 332184)
According to who at Jeep? That statement is contrary to everything I've learned here and from my dealer. First off, you don't "request" Mineral Gray or Saddle interior, you "order" it. Currently Saddle interior is not orderable and Mineral Grey has no restrictions placed on it. If a part or option is a problem for production it either goes on restriction or is removed from the ordering system.

Maybe he's talking about dealer stock orders. Those get shuffled back to allow production of sold orders.

BTW, my sold order went into firm order status 3 days after it was entered in the system which is much faster than normal. That means it has a firm schedule for production and will get an actual production build date very soon. (see sig for color and model)

According to a Jeep Order Status line I dialed (800-992-1997). I didn't get the representatives name, but this is simply what I was told. To be honest, I didn't take that much interest in these details because my interior/exterior picks on my ordered Overland are not these colors.

mjw930 01-11-2011 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shem (Post 332292)
According to a Jeep Order Status line I dialed (800-992-1997). I didn't get the representatives name, but this is simply what I was told. To be honest, I didn't take that much interest in these details because my interior/exterior picks on my ordered Overland are not these colors.

Sorry, no doubt that's what they told you. I'm just venting frustration because I have to wait on mine. I just find it amazing that there would be a production delay on an exterior color..... Interiors I can understand because that's farmed out and suppliers have to plan production runs based on estimates but paint, that's simple......