Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Uconnect phone not working all of a sudden... (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/uconnect-phone-not-working-all-of-a-sudden-16978.html)

tank47 01-03-2011 09:27 AM

Uconnect phone not working all of a sudden...
 
Has anyone experienced the bluetooth to stop working altogether? Everything worked fine on my 430n for the first month of ownership, and all of a sudden the uconnect won't connect to my phone. It has an error message like "uconnect not available" or something. This has been ongoing for the past several days. Any ideas on how to manually reboot or reset so I don't have to drag it into the dealer?

whatevrworks 01-03-2011 11:51 AM

There is always the disconnect the negative side of battery for awhile and then reconnect. It should clear it out unless there is an internal battery in the 430.

parker 01-03-2011 02:48 PM

Re: Uconnect phone not working all of a sudden...
 
Try deleteing your phone from the uconnect and then re-pairing it. This happened to me once and the delete-re-pair cured it. The problem hasn't happened again.

Mookie10 01-04-2011 04:51 AM

Re: Uconnect phone not working all of a sudden...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by parker (Post 327576)
Try deleteing your phone from the uconnect and then re-pairing it. This happened to me once and the delete-re-pair cured it. The problem hasn't happened again.

I have this problem as well with the same "unavailable" message. I would take your advice to delete phone number, but uConnect does not even open to allow any attempt at this.

tank47 01-04-2011 10:23 AM

Re: Uconnect phone not working all of a sudden...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mookie10 (Post 328102)
I have this problem as well with the same "unavailable" message. I would take your advice to delete phone number, but uConnect does not even open to allow any attempt at this.

Yes same issue with mine. There is no option to pair another phone, the uconnect feature is just not working. So does anyone know how to reset at all? I just don't want to drop it off at the dealer for a day for them to just push a couple buttons to reset it. I can do that myself and save myself the hassle.....

Just to clarify, this was working fine, just out of the blue stopped.

Giants1 01-04-2011 05:57 PM

Re: Uconnect phone not working all of a sudden...
 
Unfortunatly I had the same experience after a month of it working fine and could not access the bluetooth Uconnect menu at all...same error message.

Sorry to inform you both, but I had to bring it to the dealer only to find out that the whole 430N needed to be replaced. It was very inconvenient to have to go to the dealer and then have to bring it back a week later for the re-install. Not to mention I had to reprogram everything again. I hope this is not a recurring issue as i am not interested in replacing the Radio every month or so.

I hope your issue is a simple reset, though it is very similar to mine.

tank47 01-04-2011 06:09 PM

Re: Uconnect phone not working all of a sudden...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Giants1 (Post 328409)
Unfortunatly I had the same experience after a month of it working fine and could not access the bluetooth Uconnect menu at all...same error message.

Sorry to inform you both, but I had to bring it to the dealer only to find out that the whole 430N needed to be replaced. It was very inconvenient to have to go to the dealer and then have to bring it back a week later for the re-install. Not to mention I had to reprogram everything again. I hope this is not a recurring issue as i am not interested in replacing the Radio every month or so.

I hope your issue is a simple reset, though it is very similar to mine.

Ugh. Not looking forward to that at all.

jonesark 01-04-2011 09:24 PM

Re: Uconnect phone not working all of a sudden...
 
Jeep needs to get this crap fixed. Everyday there is something new wrong with one of the nav systems. Come on man.

Giants1 01-06-2011 11:22 PM

Re: Uconnect phone not working all of a sudden...
 
Frank the Tank let us know if you have to have your radio replaced like mine.....could be a recurring problem if others are having issues.

Hogs 01-06-2011 11:30 PM

Re: Uconnect phone not working all of a sudden...
 
Yeah, definitely sucks to have to take it into the dealership, but the more that do than the more this gets documented. This is often how necessary software updates are discovered.

Please keep us posted on your progress.

tank47 01-20-2011 10:33 AM

Re: Uconnect phone not working all of a sudden...
 
Just got back from the dealer this morning. They said they had to disconnect the battery for 45 mins to reset it and now it works. I was surprised to find that it did not clear out all my preset stations and my phone connected right away without have to pair it again like you would if it was a brand new device.

The invoice says they "pulled the IOD fuse and reset module". I'm hoping this stays fixed until that upcoming software upgrade is released so I don't have to make multiple trips back.

Radside 01-20-2011 03:44 PM

Re: Uconnect phone not working all of a sudden...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tank47 (Post 338275)
Just got back from the dealer this morning. They said they had to disconnect the battery for 45 mins to reset it and now it works. I was surprised to find that it did not clear out all my preset stations and my phone connected right away without have to pair it again like you would if it was a brand new device.

The invoice says they "pulled the IOD fuse and reset module". I'm hoping this stays fixed until that upcoming software upgrade is released so I don't have to make multiple trips back.

The 430N Uconnect module is external to the radio but it is built in on the 730N. I've pulled my radios out many times and it has never lost the presets...my guess is there is a battery backup.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:45 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community