Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   Sirius Radio dropping Station (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/sirius-radio-dropping-station-16996.html)

Daved51 01-03-2011 02:58 PM

Sirius Radio dropping Station

I need help....

Some where there was a post on a TSB on Sirius Radio dropping stations....

Any help?

robpp 01-03-2011 03:30 PM

Re: Sirius Radio dropping Station

all tsb are located at wk2jeeps.com i dont wsee a sirius one......

http://www.wk2jeeps.com/wk2_tsb.htm

Technosavant 01-03-2011 03:43 PM

What do you mean by dropping stations? And which stereo do you have? There's a coming update for the 730N RER and the "updating channels" glitch, but if yours is losing channels (like one moment your Showtunes station is loud and clear, the next it isn't even in the list), there might be an issue.

Cperez 01-03-2011 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technosavant (Post 327616)
(like one moment your Showtunes station is loud and clear, the next it isn't even in the list)

LOLOLOL!!! That took guts, TS. I admire that.:thumbsup:

Daved51 01-03-2011 06:30 PM

I have a 730N RER. When lessening to the SAT radio the music stops, the channel display in MAP mode, goes from “SAT 33” to “SAT…”. a short time later (1-2 min) the music is restored.

Hope the explains the dropped station..

Technosavant 01-03-2011 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daved51 (Post 327736)
I have a 730N RER. When lessening to the SAT radio the music stops, the channel display in MAP mode, goes from “SAT 33” to “SAT…”. a short time later (1-2 min) the music is restored.

Hope the explains the dropped station..

Hmm, I usually keep mine in split screen mode, and when the "updating channels" bug hits, the music cuts out and I see "updating channels" next to the station name while it does its thing, then a couple minutes later, it's back. I wonder if that isn't what is happening to you, but since you're in full screen map mode, you don't see the "updating channels."

Oh, and Cperez... I wondered if anybody would pick that one up. Just tossing in a little humor. :D

Cperez 01-03-2011 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technosavant (Post 327806)
Oh, and Cperez... I wondered if anybody would pick that one up. Just tossing in a little humor. :D

Thanks alot. Now I can't get "Surrey With the Fringe On Top" out of my head.:mad::mad::mad:

ostroveni 01-03-2011 08:43 PM

I have a similar issue. Every single bridge that I have to go under, the satelite radio stops and I get the aquiring signal message. Sometimes there is a delay and I get this a little after I pass the bridge ... Anyway, I assumed this is ok.

Technosavant 01-03-2011 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ostroveni (Post 327853)
I have a similar issue. Every single bridge that I have to go under, the satelite radio stops and I get the aquiring signal message. Sometimes there is a delay and I get this a little after I pass the bridge ... Anyway, I assumed this is ok.

Very normal for sat radio. Satellite radio is line of sight only- if there's something of enough substance to block the signal between your antenna and the satellite, you lose it. Overpasses, being in between skyscrapers, they'll leave you listening to nothing.

Radside 01-03-2011 09:35 PM

The 430N has a buffer that allows one to rewind to previous songs. This also helps with the sat interference when going under bridges, trees, etc. Hopefully the update and the RHR will have the same/similar feature.

Cperez 01-03-2011 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radside (Post 327908)
The 430N has a buffer that allows one to rewind to previous songs. This also helps with the sat interference when going under bridges, trees, etc. Hopefully the update and the RHR will have the same/similar feature.

I had not thought about the buffer reducing dropouts. There are a few bridges I pass under frequently and I always knew I'd lose my signal in my Range Rover. I have noticed that this is not the case with the RHB. The section of road where I live has a pretty thick canopy of tree cover and I was always losing signal there also, but not any more. I gotta say I'm becoming a bigger fan of the 430n every day.

Speaking of the rewind function, I like the way that it shows you the upcoming song(s) whenever you go into replay mode, assuming you're in it long enough for the next song to start playing.

mhassler 01-04-2011 05:24 PM

I have the 730N and my Sirius is constantly "acquiring stations". In the past two months id say its acquired stations 25 times. My wife has had her R350 since June and not once has it acquired stations.

Hopefully the v2.4 later this month will help although i think this update is mainly for the ip4 issues.

And, going under a small two lane brigde should not cause the SAT to drop, going through a tunnel or when filling up at a gas station will/could.

Also, my radio control button on my steering wheel (middle button, left side, back of wheel) doesn't advance through the presets as it should, it just goes up in numerical order. I even demonstrated the problem to my delaership, they are looking into it. Anyone else experience this?