Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Need Help/Opinions (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/need-help-opinions-17022.html)

Crestwood1001 01-04-2011 12:51 AM

Need Help/Opinions

Hey guys, my 2005 Grand Cherokee Lorado 4.7 has developed an exhaust leak over the past month or so, im between getting it repaired, or getting a new system, I dont know exactly where the leak is yet, sounds like its directly under the REAR passenger floor board. I want to know if I can just get a good dynomax or other brand muffler, something loud, and have it replaced, or if I need to replace the whole system. I was looking at a dynomax system, part number 19421, that I can get for under 350$ and have installed. Im not looking to spend much more then 450$, so any advise is great! Id like to be able to just have the leak fixed by throwing on a new muffler and some piping, if thats possible, any subjection's for a good muffler replacement while its being worked on? I want a loud rumble without being SUPER loud.

gc4x4 01-04-2011 01:05 AM

Re: Need Help/Opinions

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crestwood1001 (Post 328069)
Hey guys, my 2005 Grand Cherokee Lorado 4.7 has developed an exhaust leak over the past month or so, im between getting it repaired, or getting a new system, I dont know exactly where the leak is yet, sounds like its directly under the REAR passenger floor board. I want to know if I can just get a good dynomax or other brand muffler, something loud, and have it replaced, or if I need to replace the whole system. I was looking at a dynomax system, part number 19421, that I can get for under 350$ and have installed. Im not looking to spend much more then 450$, so any advise is great! Id like to be able to just have the leak fixed by throwing on a new muffler and some piping, if thats possible, any subjection's for a good muffler replacement while its being worked on? I want a loud rumble without being SUPER loud.

Magnaflow #12286 24' muffler FTW.. I have it on my 09 3.7 V6 and it sound great.. not too loud and to too quiet and it doesn't drone at cruising speeds, probably would sound even better on a v8 lol..

Scottina06 01-04-2011 01:08 AM

the stock system shouldve lasted more than 6 years! I would crawl under there and find aout before I spent money on something I may not need....

MYYassin221 01-04-2011 01:16 AM

How about a brand new Magnaflow 16632 Cat-Back for $426.12+Shipping? Its not from me its a website that I ordered my Magnaflow Catback for my 5.7L

SvenskaJeepGuy 01-04-2011 01:19 AM

the muffler uis under the rear passenger seat. mine blew out at around 40k miles in 2009, they are junk. mine used to get red hot and pop a few seconds after i shut it off and eventually it blew right out. i installed a magnaflow cat back system and it is great!

Crestwood1001 01-04-2011 03:50 PM

Mine went before I bought it, the dealer had it fixed but theyt did a piss poor job, I just left my mechanics we had it on a lift they ****ed it up, I'm gonna replace the system.

SvenskaJeepGuy 01-04-2011 04:14 PM

i got mine from some seller on ebay that had it listed as just a grand cherokee 4.7 exhaust. they were not allowed to advertise the brand name or model because their price was below MSRP. i think i paid like $375 shipped for a magnaflow cat back a few years ago. you have to send them a PM for them to tell you the brand.

Crestwood1001 01-07-2011 12:02 AM

Well I had it up on a lift and what they did was put a universal muffler but to do it they modified the 3 inch tubing to 2 1/2 inch tube but they did a shitty weld job so its leaking, im gonna get a dynomax system tomorrow and get it installed