Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Surprising delivery time (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/surprising-delivery-time-17040.html)

pwguy 01-04-2011 06:31 PM

Surprising delivery time

I ordered my GC on December 1st and was told to be prepared to wait for several months. Today, just over a month later, the dealer said it is "in trim" and to expect it around January 20th. Seven weeks is way way better than I expected. Maybe my mundane selections helped.

I still haven't seen one in my color, Natural Green Pearl Coat, although I have searched up to 500 miles away, so am hoping I like the look.

2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo X
3.6 Engine
Media Center 430N with Nav
Trailer Tow Group
Off-Road Adventure I Package

JTS97Z28 01-04-2011 06:35 PM

Re: Surprising delivery time

Thats good to hear. I placed my order this morning who knows maybe things are moving along a little quicker now.

BTW The dealership I ordered mine from had a new green overland with light beige interior sitting there. I will say I actually really liked it.

VermontHobbit 01-04-2011 06:41 PM

The natural green is a nice color... Our dealer had one on the lot and I also just saw one on the highway last week. It is very dark...almost black on a gray day until you are very close to it. Very classy looking IMHO. :thumbsup:

Cherodude 01-04-2011 07:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by pwguy (Post 328427)
...Maybe my mundane selections helped.
I still haven't seen one in my color, Natural Green Pearl Coat, although I have searched up to 500 miles away, so am hoping I like the look.
2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo X
3.6 Engine
Media Center 430N with Nav
Trailer Tow Group
Off-Road Adventure I Package

Your order is much like mine, except OL with ORGII. It also had a quick build/delivery time, about 7 weeks, after I bailed on a previous never, never order that was 13 weeks old.

It does look dark under low light, such as this pic at dusk. Sunlight brings out the green much more.

You're gonna love it! :thumbsup:

JeeperJohn 01-04-2011 09:39 PM

Definitely due to what you ordered. I ordered my Overland on September 27th and I still don't have it. It's been sitting in a rail yard in Philly since December 14th. How frustrating!

rdalcanto 01-04-2011 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeeperJohn (Post 328521)
Definitely due to what you ordered. I ordered my Overland on September 27th and I still don't have it. It's been sitting in a rail yard in Philly since December 14th. How frustrating!

Man I wish there was a way to chew Chrysler execs a new one....
:motx:

jmpdev2020 01-04-2011 10:13 PM

Talked with a rep from the "2011 JGC Information" department for the 2nd time in 3 weeks. Telling my I'm "at the gateline, sequenced for build" but I have no delivery date assigned. Apparently this puts me between D and D1 status. Didn't think this was possible. Still guessing it's the saddle that's holding me up.

Has anyone with the following options been able to take delivery between 8-12 weeks from order?

4x4 Hemi Overland
Brilliant Black
Saddle
Tech
Chrome

Just frustrating

rdalcanto 01-04-2011 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmpdev2020 (Post 328544)
Has anyone with the following options been able to take delivery between 8-12 weeks from order?

4x4 Hemi Overland
Brilliant Black
Saddle
Tech
Chrome

:thatfunny:

jonesark 01-04-2011 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeeperJohn (Post 328521)

^this!

CLowe40 01-05-2011 01:26 PM

There is a green/biege at dealer near me. Pics aren't that great, but a start.
http://www.davedennis.com/new/Jeep/2...6834d94eff.htm

plynn7 01-05-2011 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CLowe40 (Post 328789)
There is a green/biege at dealer near me. Pics are that great, but a start.
http://www.davedennis.com/new/Jeep/2...6834d94eff.htm

Wow 41 grand for a Laredo, for a few hundred more you could get a Overland:eek:

PaddysPub 01-05-2011 02:15 PM

I spoke to a dealer today and he told me that if I am not ordering saddle interior then the wait would be right around 7 weeks or so. Lucky for me I am not going with the saddle. I did see in person and it is very nice but I'm not going to wait for it.