Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Modifying Laredo with Limited/Overland options? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/modifying-laredo-with-limited-overland-options-17046.html)

7upstang 01-04-2011 09:50 PM

Modifying Laredo with Limited/Overland options?

Just got a 2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo X. I traded in a 2008 Saturn Outlook that was always a headache. Prior to that I had and LOVED my 2004 GK Overland.

What I was wondering:
Can 430 RZB radio be swapped out for the 430N RHB? What else is needed for the navigation to work?

Can the seat position memory switch be added, what is needed?

I imagine the Quadra Lift suspension is way over the top. I had the 2" budget lift spacers on the 04' Overland. I haven't taken a hard look at the stock suspension, any lift kits out there?

This is a great site, glad I found it.

Thanks,
Jim

p.s. My toy car is a 90' "7up" edition Mustang, Vortech V2-SQ and all the goodies.

JTS97Z28 01-04-2011 10:06 PM

Re: Modifying Laredo with Limited/Overland options?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7upstang (Post 328524)
Just got a 2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo X. I traded in a 2008 Saturn Outlook that was always a headache. Prior to that I had and LOVED my 2004 GK Overland.

What I was wondering:
Can 430 RZB radio be swapped out for the 430N RHB? What else is needed for the navigation to work?

Can the seat position memory switch be added, what is needed?

I imagine the Quadra Lift suspension is way over the top. I had the 2" budget lift spacers on the 04' Overland. I haven't taken a hard look at the stock suspension, any lift kits out there?

This is a great site, glad I found it.

Thanks,
Jim

p.s. My toy car is a 90' "7up" edition Mustang, Vortech V2-SQ and all the goodies.

Im going to have to go ahead and say no to pretty much evefything you listed. Im willing to bet the harnesses behind the radio are very different between the high end system and base. I could be wrong, but you certainly wont get all the functions even if it did plug in.

Memory option NO. That is a system that goes through all sorts of modules with special wire harnesses, not to mention all the software programming. Even the seats are different. you would actually have to buy entire new front seats, computer modules lol....everything

Quadra lift...boy, where do I start..how about just this. NO lol

Everything you mentioned is basically a very sophisticated network of computers, wire harnesses, programming, and obviously the components themselves. it is just simply not possible. Sorry to have negative answers but its the truth.

James

Scottina06 01-04-2011 10:07 PM

welcome to JG!

Everything but the memory seat will be easy. It is more than likely a canbus item and would require major wiring etc. Id say youll just need the sat antenna and the new unit for the Nav. I am sure there will be a budget lift and other lifts soon.

rangersplash85 01-04-2011 10:33 PM

I've looked into adding quadra-lift to mine once parts are more readily available. From what I gather it's just the airbags, compressor, tank, lines, wiring, QL module, wiring, and position sensors. Probably a difficult job but doable in my opinion.

SvenskaJeepGuy 01-04-2011 11:29 PM

radio is a simple pNp swap, others have done it (just need the radio and nav antenna). the memory seat would be difficult, but not impossible (you dont need a new seat). the QL would be impossible lol

Radside 01-04-2011 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SvenskaJeepGuy (Post 328573)
radio is a simple pNp swap, others have done it (just need the radio and nav antenna). the memory seat would be difficult, but not impossible (you dont need a new seat). the QL would be impossible lol

I have the Laredo X and swapped out the RBZ for the RHB. As was, posted, it's a plug and play install...NO antenna needed. As a matter of fact, there is no extra connector on the back of the RHB for a GPS antenna. The back of the RBZ and RHB are identical.

Scottina06 01-05-2011 01:07 AM

^^^^^cool...good info

SvenskaJeepGuy 01-05-2011 01:52 AM

awesome!

Angel 01-05-2011 01:18 PM

What about the Daytime Running Lights (DRL's) ...are they easy to install in a Laredo X?

SixZeroFour 01-05-2011 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel (Post 328781)
What about the Daytime Running Lights (DRL's) ...are they easy to install in a Laredo X?

No DRL's in US models? My Canadian spec Laredo X uses the high beam at half power as the DRL.

plynn7 01-05-2011 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SixZeroFour (Post 328786)
No DRL's in US models? My Canadian spec Laredo X uses the high beam at half power as the DRL.

Limiteds and Overland in the US have the DRL's now.

Angel 01-05-2011 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SixZeroFour (Post 328786)

How do you switch them on?