Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   bent a rim and want to replace it (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/bent-a-rim-and-want-to-replace-it-17047.html)

sleepy93 01-04-2011 10:06 PM

bent a rim and want to replace it
 
I have a 2011 laredo, I bent one of my 20x9 srt8 gloss black replica rims and want to replace it. I measured myself and its 3 inches from bolt to bolt but how do it find out the backspacing/offset? I'm going to order a replacement rim but I want to have the correct information so I dont make a mistake. Can someone explain how to measure the rim on my own?

I want to shop around before calling the original place I purchased the rims 98 miles away :(

Anyone recommend a online-store too.

Tyrant_246 01-04-2011 10:09 PM

Re: bent a rim and want to replace it
 
you could contact doug @ factoryreproductions.. he'd be your best bet as they are the distributors of the wheel

sleepy93 01-04-2011 10:13 PM

Re: bent a rim and want to replace it
 
Thanks tyrant, I will give him a call tomorrow morning.

rdalcanto 01-04-2011 10:15 PM

Re: bent a rim and want to replace it
 
That's why Jeeps should have 18s!!!

:poke:

:whistle:


Seriously, what happened?

Scottina06 01-04-2011 10:27 PM

Re: bent a rim and want to replace it
 
thats why Jeeps should have 13" wheels with 200-95-13" mud tires. Yoiu wouldve easily avoided that bent wheel.....maybe? LOL

White Chocolate 01-04-2011 10:40 PM

Re: bent a rim and want to replace it
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rdalcanto (Post 328545)
That's why Jeeps should have 18s!!!

:poke:

:whistle:


Seriously, what happened?

TERRIBLE statement

sleepy93 01-04-2011 10:45 PM

Re: bent a rim and want to replace it
 
LOL...I have changed my ways...hopefully this won't happen to me again.

Radside 01-04-2011 11:35 PM

Re: bent a rim and want to replace it
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepy93 (Post 328535)
I have a 2011 laredo, I bent one of my 20x9 srt8 gloss black replica rims and want to replace it. I measured myself and its 3 inches from bolt to bolt but how do it find out the backspacing/offset? I'm going to order a replacement rim but I want to have the correct information so I dont make a mistake. Can someone explain how to measure the rim on my own?

I want to shop around before calling the original place I purchased the rims 98 miles away :(

Anyone recommend a online-store too.

Here you go. Backspacing is 7.47, Offset is 34.7, and bold pattern is 5x5 or 5x127mm. I ordered my reps from quadratec...link below for Quadratec and Factory Reproductions.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/92502_0X02_A_PG.htm
http://factoryreproductions.com/fact...-Black-c39.htm

White Chocolate 01-05-2011 12:18 AM

Re: bent a rim and want to replace it
 
Just outta curiousity lol, how do you not know which rims to order?? Those SRT reps don't come on the 2011's so I would assume youve already spoken with FR??? No??

LOL??

Scottina06 01-05-2011 01:06 AM

Re: bent a rim and want to replace it
 
^^^^^LOL. Theres only one company that makes the SRT reps.....they are the same offsets as the stock srt wheels. Its not that hard.....

White Chocolate 01-05-2011 09:27 AM

Re: bent a rim and want to replace it
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 328596)
^^^^^LOL. Theres only one company that makes the SRT reps.....they are the same offsets as the stock srt wheels. Its not that hard.....

Yes I know lol??? Thats why I was asking, I would have assumed since he originally had the wheels on his new jeep, since they are aftermarket reps, he would have gotten them from FR or ebay, or an affiliate. So just curious as to why ask this question now lol??

Scottina06 01-05-2011 10:26 AM

Re: bent a rim and want to replace it
 
he bought them from a local company and now doesnt want to drive the 90 miles to get one...so he's asking here the best place to get one new wheel.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community