Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   430N Day/Auto/Night Setting (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/430n-day-auto-night-setting-17169.html)

TTUMBIO2010 01-07-2011 07:21 PM

430N Day/Auto/Night Setting

I seem to being having issues with the brightness setting on my 430N. I have it set to AUTO and figured that was tied in somehow with the Auto setting on the headlights. Headlights ON = Night; Headlights OFF = Day Setting.

Well, its seems to do neither. I have to manually switch it to Day in the morning and Night in the evening.

Any idea how to fix this? Thank you in advance!

tbechtel 01-07-2011 07:53 PM

Re: 430N Day/Auto/Night Setting

drop your dash lights down one click and the auto brightness will work. If you have the dash lights at the max the nav will be at max bright all the time also.

TTUMBIO2010 01-07-2011 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbechtel (Post 330233)
drop your dash lights down one click and the auto brightness will work. If you have the dash lights at the max the nav will be at max bright all the time also.

Of course it would be something simple I overlooked :) Thanks for the tip!

skinny 01-07-2011 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbechtel (Post 330233)

I have mine set like that. If I turn my headlights on during the day if it's snowing or overcast you can barely see the nav display. I have to turn it one click up so it's full bright. Thinking about putting it on daylight and leaving it.

Hogs 01-08-2011 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skinny (Post 330333)
I have mine set like that. If I turn my headlights on during the day if it's snowing or overcast you can barely see the nav display. I have to turn it one click up so it's full bright. Thinking about putting it on daylight and leaving it.

Using the daylight setting on snowy or overcast days is one thing, but at night it's a completely different story. For safety's sake I wouldnt recommend that.

Brighter interior lighting is bad for good focus 'down the road' at night. It's why you don't ride down the road at night for very long with the overhead light on. It has to do with your rods and cones and much too boring for JG. But dimmer at night is better if at all possible.

skinny 01-08-2011 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hogs (Post 330378)
Using the daylight setting on snowy or overcast days is one thing, but at night it's a completely different story. For safety's sake I wouldnt recommend that.

Brighter interior lighting is bad for good focus 'down the road' at night. It's why you don't ride down the road at night for very long with the overhead light on. It has to do with your rods and cones and much too boring for JG. But dimmer at night is better if at all possible.

Yeah I know it will be bright and distracting. I have not tried it yet. I was really saying that the auto function does not seem to work well during the day when you turn the headlights on.