Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Quadra-Lift on the Limited? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/quadra-lift-on-the-limited-17177.html)

netcoolery 01-08-2011 01:53 AM

Quadra-Lift on the Limited?

Just curious - All the Jeep Literature says you can add Quadra-Lift to a GC Limited (Off-Road Group II), but I can't do it with "build your own" on the Jeep website and my dealer says the system won't let them build one.

So what's the scoop? Has Jeep decided to limit the Quadra-Lift to just the Overlands? (I'm trying to avoid that screwball steering wheel.)

Scottina06 01-08-2011 01:54 AM

Re: Quadra-Lift on the Limited?

it is limited to Overlands last we heard....for now

Milous 01-08-2011 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 330374)
it is limited to Overlands last we heard....for now

Correct, Overland models only for at least the next month or two, due to supply issues.

Cherodude 01-08-2011 03:21 AM

netcoolery, if its any consolation, this restriction on Quadra-Lift availability is into about its third go-round now since last summer. Let's just call it a supply constraint, rather than a fiasco.

I also did not initially want an Overland, but eventually had to bite the bullet to get QL. As for the Overland steering wheel, I had my doubts at first, but now I'm loving it. Big wheel for the big rig.

NetJunkie 01-08-2011 11:41 PM

Bought a Limited today with QL on it. Not sure how long it's been on the lot, but I doubt long.

mikebuckledc 01-18-2011 03:53 PM

I got a 2011 Laredo X with Air Lift and Off Road Adventure II.....think it's a fluke from the factory since Jeep says it can't exist and no on knows who to ask....

wjs81866 01-18-2011 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikebuckledc (Post 337116)
I got a 2011 Laredo X with Air Lift and Off Road Adventure II.....think it's a fluke from the factory since Jeep says it can't exist and no on knows who to ask....

Got mine with QL and QD2, it was rare. I know 2 people that found a Limited with QL and QD2, they are even more rare.

netcoolery 01-18-2011 05:07 PM

Ah well - I've made my peace with the funny Overland steering wheel. As noted elsewhere, I've gone "bling" and ordered the Summit.

I still think it's kinda strange that the QL is effectively restricted to the luxury trim class. While I realize there are other advantages to the air shocks - the #1 reason I wanted QL was to be able to get the ride height high enough when I take the Jeep to difficult terrain.