Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   "Lifetime" Extended Warranty"??? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/lifetime-extended-warranty-17184.html)

Hollywood 01-08-2011 07:49 AM

"Lifetime" Extended Warranty"???

I'm in the process of buying a 2011 Grand Cherokee Summit. I'm also the original owner of a 1998 Grand Cherokee "Limited" with 185k on the clock. I obviously keep my vehicles a long time......if not FOREVER haha.

Knowing this, my dealer mentioned a "Forever / Lifetime Bumper to Bumper" Warranty being offered by Chrysler for $2,500.00, which will cover virtually EVERYTHING for the ENTIRE TIME I OWN THE VEHICLE, no matter how long it is.

Almost seems too goo to be true, but he assured me that if I own the vehicle in twelve years, with 200k miles on it, and the tranny goes, it would be covered!

Anyone hear of this, or better yet, purchase it with their vehicle? I'd love to hear any further details anyone can share.

robg 01-08-2011 08:39 AM

Re: "Lifetime" Extended Warranty"???

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollywood (Post 330424)
I'm in the process of buying a 2011 Grand Cherokee Summit. I'm also the original owner of a 1998 Grand Cherokee "Limited" with 185k on the clock. I obviously keep my vehicles a long time......if not FOREVER haha.

Knowing this, my dealer mentioned a "Forever / Lifetime Bumper to Bumper" Warranty being offered by Chrysler for $2,500.00, which will cover virtually EVERYTHING for the ENTIRE TIME I OWN THE VEHICLE, no matter how long it is.

Almost seems too goo to be true, but he assured me that if I own the vehicle in twelve years, with 200k miles on it, and the tranny goes, it would be covered!

Anyone hear of this, or better yet, purchase it with their vehicle? I'd love to hear any further details anyone can share.

Visit: http://www.chryslerwarrantys.com/

You can buy the official Chrysler lifetime warranty for less than your dealer is offering.

mjw930 01-08-2011 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robg (Post 330436)
Visit: http://www.chryslerwarrantys.com/

You can buy the official Chrysler lifetime warranty for less than your dealer is offering.

Yes and no, a lot depends on the state. For example, FL has fixed pricing on these plans by the Insurance commission, dealer CAN NOT discount the plans as they are considered insurance and as such are covered by the insurance commission.

In FL lifetime coverage breaks down like this:

$0 deductible = $3357
$50 deductible = $2844
$100 deductible = $2153

robg 01-08-2011 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjw930 (Post 330449)
Yes and no, a lot depends on the state. For example, FL has fixed pricing on these plans by the Insurance commission, dealer CAN NOT discount the plans as they are considered insurance and as such are covered by the insurance commission.

In FL lifetime coverage breaks down like this:

$0 deductible = $3357
$50 deductible = $2844
$100 deductible = $2153

Did you buy the plan? I, too, am in FL but haven't purchased it. Strongly considering it tho.

mjw930 01-08-2011 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robg (Post 330454)
Did you buy the plan? I, too, am in FL but haven't purchased it. Strongly considering it tho.

No, I won't be buying any extended plan, I rarely keep any vehicle past factory warranty.

billyp 01-08-2011 10:28 AM

Chrysler lifetime. Dealer discounted to $1700.

Hollywood 01-08-2011 10:52 AM

I'm in CT and keep my vehicles well past the Factory Warranty, so if this is for real, would be a "no-brainer" for me. It just seems to good to be true. I'm wondering what "small print" I might be missing? :confused:

RedBolt 01-08-2011 11:22 AM

I purchased it for around $1900 through chryslerwarrantys.com. I too keep my vehicles for 12+ years and 200,000+ miles. The only "small print" if you could call it that is that if the cost of repair is more than the book value of the vehicle then they pay you for the vehicle and there is no more warranty repair after that. So if in twelve years the vehicle's book value is $3000, and you need a new engine for $4000, then they pay you the $3000 and that is the end of the "lifetime" warranty.

HEMInator 01-08-2011 11:27 AM

Hollywood,

It is a no brainer if you plan on keeping your vehicle. I purchased the Lifetime Max Care Warranty for my 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie truck and am glad I did. As one of the other posters mentioned, get your dealer to match the Chryslerwarranty.com price or buy it through them. I was able to get my dealer to match it. My wife and I are going to be buying a JGC 4X4 Hemi Overland this year and we'll be buying that too. In fact, it's one of the many reasons we're going to buying another Chrysler product.

As for the "small print" here's what you need to know. Everything is covered except normal wear and tear like tires, brake pads etc. Every 5 years within 60 days before your in-service date (precise window based on the day you purchased the vehicle) you MUST take your vehicle in for a free engine inspection that your dealer will perform. They do this to catch any problems early. Also, you are REQUIRED to maintain your vehicle according to the maintenance schedule the vehicle comes with. Now I've talked to my dealership and I do all the oil changes when the EVIC light comes on but I only do the major milestone services (etc. 30K service that changes out the plugs on the HEMI among other things). The dealer is fine with that.

Lastly, there's no catch but when the point in time comes when your JGC repair cost exceeds the NADA RETAIL (not TRADE IN), then they will just give you the NADA RETAIL price in cash and the warranty is now over but you also get to keep the vehicle. Pretty damn good deal if you ask me and it should be well over 15 years before that happens.

Jason

Nbtstatic 01-08-2011 11:31 AM

Yep, I thought it was a no brainer as well, if you plan on keeping it a while.

I've never seen a lifetime warranty like this, but for 1900, I am guranteed to make good use of it.

A bunch of us here bought the same.

NB

Hollywood 01-08-2011 01:25 PM

Thanks guys for all the help. Made me make up my mind to definitely go for it. So just to clarify, as long as the repairs don't exceed the Book Value of the Vehicle, they'll keep fixing it for free, forever?

JoeSchmoe007 01-08-2011 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollywood (Post 330528)
Thanks guys for all the help. Made me make up my mind to definitely go for it. So just to clarify, as long as the repairs don't exceed the Book Value of the Vehicle, they'll keep fixing it for free, forever?

Almost free - you pay your deductible each visit.