Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Do you park raised or lowered? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/do-you-park-raised-or-lowered-17194.html)

Nickoland 01-08-2011 01:05 PM

Do you park raised or lowered?

Obviously a QL question. I like it raised so I can use my side steps, but lowered is nice when putting my kid in the car seat in the rear center. Both look cool, so I change it up.

What's everyone doing?

robg 01-08-2011 01:10 PM

Re: Do you park raised or lowered?

Mostly raises but I lower when I have my kids or wife with me.

JTS97Z28 01-08-2011 01:16 PM

I dont have my Overland yet but I would imagine when I do get it I will probably be using the "park" mode pretty often. I think these things look soo good when lowered a little bit. :-)

James

JEEF 01-08-2011 01:22 PM

If I'm solo whatever height I'm driving at. If my girlfriend is being good park mode & if she is being difficult I park in Off Road II. :D

Skip Lincoln 01-08-2011 01:26 PM

Having owned four previous Grand Cherokees, I frequently forget to lower when parking. My wife and pregnant daughter appreciate it when I do but a lot of times they have opened the door before I hit the lower button and that's if I remember. I'm learning to hit the button when turning into the driveway so we are at park height when we stop.

Skip

Curly 01-08-2011 01:49 PM

I would like to use Park Mode more but I always forget to set it before shutting down. I think you should have the option of having it go to Park Mode automatically when you shift into park and have the engine shut down only after it finishes lowering.

Cperez 01-08-2011 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JEEF (Post 330525)
If I'm solo whatever height I'm driving at. If my girlfriend is being good park mode & if she is being difficult I park in Off Road II. :D

LMAO!!:lol::lol:

For me it will depend on whether it's dirty or not. At its usual height it gets the back of my leg at times on egress. So when she's dirty, park mode (similar to your g'friend rule).:thumbsup:

Daved51 01-08-2011 02:35 PM

I agree with Curly... it should be an opion in the EVAC system.

Nickoland 01-08-2011 02:45 PM

Agree on the evic option. Maybe a new version of lockpick will do that. ;-)

Red G8R 01-08-2011 04:00 PM

I lower it every time I park. Once I'm below 25 km/hr, I activate the park mode. I also have to do it at a covered parking lot I sometime use due to the antenae height.

chibianh 01-08-2011 04:01 PM

i lower it when i either have my mom or my gf in the car.

jamesdomagalski 01-08-2011 04:06 PM

If i am out running around getting in and out I generally leave it up. If I am parking for a longer period I lower it. Also I always lower it when I have passengers in the car.