Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Tech Tips/DIY/How To (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f156/)
-   -   K&N, Bright Pedals & Slush Mat Install (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f156/k-and-n-bright-pedals-and-slush-mat-install-17200.html)

mhassler 01-08-2011 06:02 PM

K&N, Bright Pedals & Slush Mat Install
 
2 Attachment(s)
Hey everyone, my slush mats and pedal covers came in and I installed them this afternoon so I figured I'd share a few pictures. I didn't get to my Door Sill plates or Chrome Fog Bezels - got to cold and dark out.

Also, I also installed my K&N so I will keep everyone posted if I see an increase in gas mileage over the next few fill-ups.

I apologize for the quality, pics from my iP4

Jeepeta 01-08-2011 06:07 PM

Re: K&N, Bright Pedals & Slush Mat Install
 
Do the pedals feel any different?

Jpjr 01-08-2011 06:53 PM

Re: K&N, Bright Pedals & Slush Mat Install
 
link to where you bought the mats?

atpadam 01-08-2011 10:19 PM

Re: K&N, Bright Pedals & Slush Mat Install
 
whats a K&N ? it helps gas mileage ? where can u get one ?

TTUMBIO2010 01-09-2011 12:15 AM

Re: K&N, Bright Pedals & Slush Mat Install
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by atpadam (Post 330773)
whats a K&N ? it helps gas mileage ? where can u get one ?

Here ya go:

http://www.knfilters.com/

DAVY27 01-09-2011 01:02 AM

Re: K&N, Bright Pedals & Slush Mat Install
 
nice!

Roaster Boy 01-09-2011 09:10 PM

Re: K&N, Bright Pedals & Slush Mat Install
 
I feel your pain on the brake pad install. Looks great!

mhassler 01-10-2011 10:18 AM

Re: K&N, Bright Pedals & Slush Mat Install
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeepeta (Post 330635)
Do the pedals feel any different?

I drove the vehicle for the first time this morning after the install. Didn't feel much differnt. But when I've installed these pedal types in other vehicles I noticed better grip during wet weather, specifically in my manual G35.

When I did the install it was in the high 20's/low 30s. I put each pedal in hot water (directions only indicate the brake pedal) to make the rubber more plyable . I'd say it took took 10-15 min

Quote:

Originally Posted by atpadam (Post 330773)
whats a K&N ? it helps gas mileage ? where can u get one ?

Re-usable Air Filter. Drop-in, direct replacement. K&N claims better gas mileage and increased HP. Not really sure if its truth or hype, but i've bought into it since I started driving and have put a K&N into every vehcile i've ever owned. It doesn't void the warranty and in normal driving conditions you need to re-oil them every 50,000-miles (sooner for dusty conditions, i.e prolonged off-roading). Cost for the 2011 JGC is $49.95.

I didn't drive Saturday evening or Sunday after I installed it so this morning was my first ride. And, when I left for work this morning (same routine, remote start about 2-min before I leave, get in and go, 6:30am) the engine didn't seem as restricted as it has (2600 miles). And today it was 19-deg. Last week we were in the high 20's in the morning. Again, this just the first, initial drive/impression. I didn't bother looking at my MPG because I have a 13-mile, 45-min commute. I'll wait until next fill-up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jpjr (Post 330662)
link to where you bought the mats?

Sorry, no link, they are a MOPAR accessory. Ordered them at local dealership at 10% below retail cost (military discount) and didn't have to pay S&H. I also ordered my Bright Pedal Kit, Door Sills & Chrome Fog Bezels.

Ask your local dealerhsip (for S&H discount - most will as they are receiving daily shipments) or you can search them on eBay and find dealerships that deal through eBay below cost (based on high volume).

And, it doesn't seem like much but the extra rubber over the place of a "dead pedal" (or lack thereof) made my ride more comfortable (I've posted about finding a comfortable seating position before).

BadLuck 01-11-2011 02:47 AM

Re: K&N, Bright Pedals & Slush Mat Install
 
Quote:

Re-usable Air Filter. Drop-in, direct replacement. K&N claims better gas mileage and increased HP. Not really sure if its truth or hype, but i've bought into it since I started driving and have put a K&N into every vehcile i've ever owned. It doesn't void the warranty and in normal driving conditions you need to re-oil them every 50,000-miles (sooner for dusty conditions, i.e prolonged off-roading). Cost for the 2011 JGC is $49.95.
I buy them every time I buy a new car too. It might be in my head, but on my other cars the throttle response seems a little better with the K&N. I haven't noticed a considerable difference in gas mileage but I prefer spending the money upfront and getting a quality filter that will last the life of the vehicle. I used to clean it about once a year (about 18,000 miles), but I just read that the dirt buildup on the filter actually helps filter the air and does not hurt performance.

1200RT-P 06-04-2011 11:11 PM

Re: K&N, Bright Pedals & Slush Mat Install
 
sorry to bump a 6 month old thread ... any updates on the K&N?

mhassler 06-05-2011 01:29 PM

Re: K&N, Bright Pedals & Slush Mat Install
 
Gone and sold. I was the guinea pig for the BWoody Short Ram CAI a few weeks after I installed this. Based on the numbers BWoody ran when developing the Short Ram, the K&N panel offered ~5% better airflow so I think it would offer a slight power increase and fuel economy. Probably not noticeable but still there. The sound generated when stomping on the throttle was the most noticeable difference.

1200RT-P 06-05-2011 01:38 PM

Re: K&N, Bright Pedals & Slush Mat Install
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mhassler (Post 425487)
Gone and sold. I was the guinea pig for the BWoody Short Ram CAI a few weeks after I installed this. Based on the numbers BWoody ran when developing the Short Ram, the K&N panel offered ~5% better airflow so I think it would offer a slight power increase and fuel economy. Probably not noticeable but still there. The sound generated when stomping on the throttle was the most noticeable difference.

better than nothing.... :thumbsup:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community