Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Headlight question (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/headlight-question-17203.html)

gc4x4 01-08-2011 06:38 PM

Headlight question

I took my jeep to the dealer yesterday to have them check out the automatic headlights and now everytime I start the jeep and put it in drive just the headlights come on and then they go off when I put it in park. Did they mess something up or do i have problems going on? Thanks.

SvenskaJeepGuy 01-08-2011 06:40 PM

Re: Headlight question

headlight answer

yes, they f"ed it up

wkjeepgirl86 01-08-2011 08:41 PM

you can do some pretty neat stuff with the computers. you can tell it to turn drivers side then passengers or visa versa. all threw making a few changes with a computer. unfortunately you need the dealers computer to change come of the settings cuz my buddys jobs computer cant turn the fogs on with the high beams

gc4x4 01-09-2011 02:48 PM

After doing some research, I assume that the dealer must have enabled the daytime running lights ,because the headlights come on dim when put into reverse and drive and they go out in park. I was thinking about having them turned on anyway,but I guess I don't have to think about it anymore:rolleyes:

Archer9 01-09-2011 10:17 PM

Sounds right. The daylight running lights use the high beam headlights, but at half voltage.

ech0sh4y 01-10-2011 02:40 PM

Would this be something the dealership could program for free if someone wanted it? I also head that they can program your side rearview mirrors to tilt down then you place the shifter in reverse...

jes_96 01-10-2011 04:07 PM

...... dealership ...... free ..... never in my experience.

SvenskaJeepGuy 01-10-2011 05:25 PM

its not going to be free unless you are tight with them. its going to be done at the hourly rate.

ech0sh4y 01-10-2011 06:24 PM

bahh... how much is it for the programmer?

SvenskaJeepGuy 01-10-2011 06:55 PM

for a starscan? about $5k. for the labor to fix, about 30-60min is what they charge

jULIN 01-11-2011 06:14 AM

I think there will be a problem in fuse connection...Just check it out!!

SportRanger06 01-11-2011 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gc4x4 (Post 331069)
After doing some research, I assume that the dealer must have enabled the daytime running lights ,because the headlights come on dim when put into reverse and drive and they go out in park. I was thinking about having them turned on anyway,but I guess I don't have to think about it anymore:rolleyes:

You're right, they activated the DRLs. When I installed my fog lights, I asked them to program the auto headlights too, but they mistook my request to mean the DRLs. I was okay with it until I did the OEM HID converstion. The low voltage of the DRLs wouldn't allow the balast to fully ignitie the HIDs and they would flicker really bad. Then I asked teh same the dealer deactivate the DRLs, and they said they wouldn't because it was considered modification to the vehicle. So I went to a competeing dealer, and the other dealer lost my business from here on out. Too bad, because the first dealer is where I bought the Jeep.