Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Chrysler/Jeep Financing? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/chrysler-jeep-financing-17223.html)

Hollywood 01-09-2011 09:53 AM

Chrysler/Jeep Financing?

Curious to know if anyone's financed the bulk of the $45k Summit purchase through Chrysler for the max term (6 yrs. /72 mnths) and what kind of rates I can expect.

Am watching the TV daily looking for a new Jeep add offering 0% financing LOL.

Frank TJ 01-09-2011 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollywood (Post 330930)
Curious to know if anyone's financed the bulk of the $45k Summit purchase through Chrysler for the max term (6 yrs. /72 mnths) and what kind of rates I can expect.

Am watching the TV daily looking for a new Jeep add offering 0% financing LOL.

We did ours yesterday. Overland 4x4. Got 3.5% thru Wells Fargo, chrysler's lowest rate is 3.9 for 60 currently.

GlowingGhoul 01-09-2011 01:18 PM

Re: Chrysler/Jeep Financing?

Try www.capitaloneauto.com .

They gave me instant approval for a 3.6% "blank check" loan, less than I could get anywhere else at the time. The max they'll finance is $40k, though, so you have to pay the rest in cash.

rlflesh 01-09-2011 01:28 PM

did you not try the Jeep 1.9 for 60 mos deal?

Hollywood 01-09-2011 01:33 PM

Huh? Didn't hear about that....tell me more ha ha.

JTS97Z28 01-09-2011 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlowingGhoul (Post 331018)
Try www.capitaloneauto.com .

They gave me instant approval for a 3.6% "blank check" loan, less than I could get anywhere else at the time. The max they'll finance is $40k, though, so you have to pay the rest in cash.

Sounds pretty decent. What term do they offer for that 3.6%? 60 or 72 mo or either?

This is a good thread because im sure there are a ton of us on this site myself included who have a new WK2 on order and will have to do the money part of it in not to long.

Thanks,
James

joebinotto 01-09-2011 01:48 PM

Jeep is offering the following rates for an Overland:

36 48 60 72 months
1.90 2.90 3.90 5.90 APR[5]

mjw930 01-09-2011 01:53 PM

Another option is Chase Auto Finance, https://www.chase.com/auto-loan/car-loan.htm . They are completely online and will finance more than $40K.

BTW, I used CapitalOne "blank check" before CapitalOne bought them, it used to be called PeopleFirst. It was a lot better before CapitalOne bought them out.

mjw930 01-09-2011 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rlflesh (Post 331024)
did you not try the Jeep 1.9 for 60 mos deal?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollywood (Post 331025)
Huh? Didn't hear about that....tell me more ha ha.

That rate only applies to Laredo's.

GlowingGhoul 01-09-2011 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjw930 (Post 331037)
Another option is Chase Auto Finance, https://www.chase.com/auto-loan/car-loan.htm . They are completely online and will finance more than $40K.

BTW, I used CapitalOne "blank check" before CapitalOne bought them, it used to be called PeopleFirst. It was a lot better before CapitalOne bought them out.

What got worse? I've used them 3 times since 2002 without a hitch.

Fill out the form, they give you the approval amount and rate, click another button to have the check sent.

Bring check to dealer, and you're done.

The only thing that went downhill is that they used to let you use the check at any dealership, and now they have list of approved dealers, but their are tons of dealers ont he list.

The finance manager even held up my deal because he was tearing his hair out trying to match CapOne's rate for me.

mjw930 01-09-2011 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlowingGhoul (Post 331041)
What got worse? I've used them 3 times since 2002 without a hitch.

Fill out the form, they give you the approval amount and rate, click another button to have the check sent.

Bring check to dealer, and you're done.

The only thing that went downhill is that they used to let you use the check at any dealership, and now they have list of approved dealers, but their are tons of dealers ont he list.

The finance manager even held up my deal because he was tearing his hair out trying to match CapOne's rate for me.

For new car sales not much aside from the new limitations and the level of customer service you used to get when it was a smaller operation.

For private sales there's a world of difference. I used PeopleFirst for one in '98 and it was a piece of cake. Tried to use CapOne in '03 and they added so many hoops to jump through that I told them to shove it. They also used to not restrict the age or type of car you can buy, that's all changed.

The founders of PeopleFirst started up a new service once their non-compete ran out called FirstAgain. It was an unsecured loan based solely on your creditworthiness. I used that twice, once for a car and once for a boat and it was great. 24 hrs after approval and acceptance they wired the funds directly into your bank account. The crash of '08 took it's toll and their wholesale money market dried up so they went out of business. It sucks because it was a great service.

I'm not saying CapOne isn't a great service, it is. Just that it was better under it's founders.

GlowingGhoul 01-09-2011 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTS97Z28 (Post 331032)
Sounds pretty decent. What term do they offer for that 3.6%? 60 or 72 mo or either?

This is a good thread because im sure there are a ton of us on this site myself included who have a new WK2 on order and will have to do the money part of it in not to long.

Thanks,
James

72Mos