Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Got the Money, time to start Modding! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/got-the-money-time-to-start-modding-17268.html)

NikonKiem 01-10-2011 09:11 AM

Got the Money, time to start Modding!

Hey everyone, I have had my 07 Wk 4.7 Larado since November, and I finally have some money saved so I can start modifying it. I have looked into all the basic mods like Intake, exhaust, and the Superchip Flashpacq. I even looked into some more advanced mods like the Flying Ryan throttle body spacer and other things.
Im looking on some advice/opinions on what I should do first, or maybe some other things I should look into.

My local muffler shop said that all I need to do for exhaust is change the muffler and don't need to do a whole system since all of my pipes look great. They recommend the Flowmaster 50 series.
Thanks a head of time.

Chaoul1 01-10-2011 09:22 AM

Re: Got the Money, time to start Modding!

You may want to consider getting your Throttle Body Ported. :thumbsup:

dmsfun 01-10-2011 10:03 AM

Upgrade the suspension first and make sure all the maintenace is done first and foremost. Replace any worn out way bar bushings, end links, diff mount, etc..... An aftermarket muffler will just cost $ and make noise with no power gains, a TB spacer wont do anything other than make a loud whistle, similarly with no power gains.

NikonKiem 01-10-2011 01:01 PM

My Jeep only has 39k on it, and all the maintanace is current. Its a 2 wheel drive so what kinda suspension upgrades would I want to look at. I guess I should say that I want to put 22's on it sooner or later.
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmsfun (Post 331561)
Upgrade the suspension first and make sure all the maintenace is done first and foremost. Replace any worn out way bar bushings, end links, diff mount, etc..... An aftermarket muffler will just cost $ and make noise with no power gains, a TB spacer wont do anything other than make a loud whistle, similarly with no power gains.

NikonKiem 01-10-2011 01:03 PM

What would that do for me?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaoul1 (Post 331550)
You may want to consider getting your Throttle Body Ported. :thumbsup:

AcidCold 01-10-2011 01:08 PM

Superchips is the best bang for your buck, great performance and great mpg gain. How much are you looking to spend?

SvenskaJeepGuy 01-10-2011 01:21 PM

srt sway bars, bwoody end links, bilstein shocks

NikonKiem 01-10-2011 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SvenskaJeepGuy (Post 331670)
srt sway bars, bwoody end links, bilstein shocks

Is that going to just improve ride quality?

SvenskaJeepGuy 01-10-2011 05:32 PM

the sways will tighten up the ride sooooo much/ the stock bars suck and it is a cheap/easy mod to do.

dmsfun 01-11-2011 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NikonKiem (Post 331678)
Is that going to just improve ride quality?

Stiffer with much improved handling yes, smoother, no. The B woodies exaggerate the bumps a lot.

dmsfun 01-11-2011 02:39 PM

Also, if you combine with 22's, it will handle better, but will be slower accelerating (wheels are much heavier) and will be much rougher over bumps...