Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   V8 Overland w/saddle AND tech package on the lot! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/v8-overland-w-saddle-and-tech-package-on-the-lot-17278.html)

Anjielin 01-10-2011 12:09 PM

V8 Overland w/saddle AND tech package on the lot!

So dang it all, in my stubborness I was bound and determined to find a Mineral Gray or Charcoal V8 Overland with Saddle Interior on a lot so that I wouldn't have to order it and wait.... and wait....

At first, I thought this would be an easy task because I often saw them listed when I searched dealerships' inventory. Not so much a piece of cake as I had thought, however. Everytime I called on one that was listed, it was spoken for - someone's order. Drats.

Two months of searching inventories of dealerships within a 90 minute drive to no avail, so I resign myself to biting the bullet, ordering one with the options that I want, and facing the wait time. I went to the dealership on Friday to begin the process and they were going to call me back Monday with information on timeframes, restrictions, etc.

'Lo and behold, I perform one last inventory search on Saturday and there was a Mineral Gray V8 Overland with a Saddle Interior, Tech Package, and Off-road Adventure Package sitting on the lot of a dealership an hour away! I called up the dealer, and it wasn't spoken for! I drove up, they gave me a fair deal for the Jeep and for my trade-in, and I drove off with a jeep that had every option that I had wanted (it had a DVD player, which I did not want, but hey, I'll live with that).

I checked their inventory again this morning, and they have two more (a black and a green, both with Saddle, both V8) on their way to the dealership. Is this a sign that these options are becoming more available?

jonesark 01-10-2011 12:14 PM

Re: V8 Overland w/saddle AND tech package on the lot!

4x4?

Anjielin 01-10-2011 12:25 PM

Quote:

4x4?

Yes, 4x4.
There has been at least one black Overland with Saddle Interior 4X2 floating around on the local lots as well.

Cperez 01-10-2011 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anjielin (Post 331621)
So dang it all, in my stubborness I was bound and determined to find a Mineral Gray or Charcoal V8 Overland with Saddle Interior on a lot so that I wouldn't have to order it and wait.... and wait....

Congrats and good get!! I'm a fellow and unapologetic member of the Impatient WK2 Owners Support Group. In my case, the extra feature I got was the Adaptive Cruise Control, and now that I've used it, I would have regretted not having it. Enjoy your new wheels, that's a good look.

JTS97Z28 01-10-2011 01:05 PM

Naperville Jeep in IL has a mineral gray/saddle V8 4x4 Overland with adaptive cruise package and pano roof. Nice combo!! might be sold by now though.

James

2liter 02-28-2011 09:31 PM

I'd like to see a few more pics of that interrior...I have placed an order for the saddle interior. How do you like it so far??