Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Took Delivery Today (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/took-delivery-today-17311.html)

JeepLaw 01-10-2011 10:15 PM

Took Delivery Today

Overland- Blackberry pearl- frost interior- v6- no extras- 430N (RHB) (no pics yet-wait till daylight) - wife wants to add a few things-roof rack cross bars-chrome foglight bezels-but she really would like to replace the shift nob with the wood one they show on the summit - I don't see this on the mopar site - can I do this? haven't had a chance to really get out and drive the beast yet- or program the many features-so I will have to wait to actually do a review- any way, pretty psyched for now!

White Chocolate 01-10-2011 10:20 PM

Re: Took Delivery Today

Congrats!!! Wish I had the money for one

yukon 01-10-2011 10:25 PM

Congrats....nice ride, enjoy..:thumbsup:

JTS97Z28 01-10-2011 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepLaw (Post 332112)
Overland- Blackberry pearl- frost interior- v6- no extras- 430N (RHB) (no pics yet-wait till daylight) - wife wants to add a few things-roof rack cross bars-chrome foglight bezels-but she really would like to replace the shift nob with the wood one they show on the summit - I don't see this on the mopar site - can I do this? haven't had a chance to really get out and drive the beast yet- or program the many features-so I will have to wait to actually do a review- any way, pretty psyched for now!

Congrats on the new Jeep you guys will love it. Not sure what shift knob your talking about as the summit has the same leather knob that comes in the non-summit Overland. I personally think adding a wood shift knob kind of takes the interior a step in the wrong direction, but thats all personal preference. I think the interior is basically perfect as is!! The chrome fog bezels would be a greta start though I do like those!
Post pics when you get them.

James

JeepLaw 01-10-2011 10:40 PM

I thought the wooden knob was shown on the summit, but you are probably right- I saw pics somewhere and it might actually been a really early edition - like for one of the auto shows- but it did look great. I need to do research- but in the meantime I just need to learn about the vehicle- the only thing I have programmed is a couple of radio presets and one fob's seat adjustment!

Cperez 01-10-2011 11:04 PM

Sounds like a great rig, J-Law. It's good that your wife is greenlighting the mods! Putting the crossbars on would be a good project for the two of you to tackle and there are plenty of notes on that on the forum. I have been mulling over the chrome fog bezels and have not decided yet. The more time I spend around my WK2 the more I appreciate how the designers really nailed it as-is. But that touch of flash below the nose would be a good look.

Congrats and have fun peeling the onion on all the great features of your Overland.

JeepLaw 01-11-2011 06:15 AM

The wooden shift knob is shown in the vehicle manual - I like the look alot. It looks to me like is should just be a swap - no electronics involved - If I can just find one!

DPR1 01-11-2011 09:25 PM

Congrats!!!! :D