Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Summit now on Build My Own at Jeep.com!!! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/summit-now-on-build-my-own-at-jeep-com-17324.html)

Dan JGC 01-11-2011 10:44 AM

Summit now on Build My Own at Jeep.com!!!
 
Excitement....shows 430N only.

mjw930 01-11-2011 11:18 AM

Re: Summit now on Build My Own at Jeep.com!!!
 
The configurator is all hosed up. It locks interior color to Saddle whenever you select any exterior color and then locks the exterior color selector whenever you select an interior color other than saddle.

Dan JGC 01-11-2011 11:20 AM

Re: Summit now on Build My Own at Jeep.com!!!
 
Ummmmmmm......saddle IS the ONLY interior option on the Summit.

It worked fine for me....

jmpdev2020 01-11-2011 11:22 AM

Re: Summit now on Build My Own at Jeep.com!!!
 
So, comparing apples to apples, a standard 4x4 Overland with 5.7 Hemi, ACC and Saddle is going to run $46,255 MSRP.

A Summit Overland with the same options as the standard Overland listed above is going to run $48,740 MSRP. Can anyone really justify paying almost $2500 more for some extra saddle on the dash/ darker wood accents, some chrome enhancements and polished wheels?

Unless I am missing someting I don't see what the big deal is. Not trying to rain on anyone's parade.

mjw930 01-11-2011 11:27 AM

Re: Summit now on Build My Own at Jeep.com!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan JGC (Post 332350)
Ummmmmmm......saddle IS the ONLY interior option on the Summit.

It worked fine for me....

Correct but if you select the regular Overland the interior and exterior color selections are all screwed up.

Dan JGC 01-11-2011 11:30 AM

Re: Summit now on Build My Own at Jeep.com!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jmpdev2020 (Post 332353)
Can anyone really justify paying almost $2500 more for some extra saddle on the dash/ darker wood accents, some chrome enhancements and polished wheels?

Yep, sure can.... :D

Dan JGC 01-11-2011 11:34 AM

Re: Summit now on Build My Own at Jeep.com!!!
 
If you buy an Overland and want the polished wheels, then how much is that going to cost you to change that out?

I really do like the black olive wood....a LOT more than the wood color in the Limited and Overland....a preference thing for me.

jmpdev2020 01-11-2011 11:38 AM

Re: Summit now on Build My Own at Jeep.com!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan JGC (Post 332363)
Yep, sure can.... :D

You're the man Dan. I'll probably be salavating when I see the first Summit in person anyway, wishing I would have had the patience to wait for it.:rolleyes:

I'm just getting excited about my good ol standard edition Overland!

PMD G8 01-11-2011 12:18 PM

Re: Summit now on Build My Own at Jeep.com!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jmpdev2020 (Post 332353)
So, comparing apples to apples, a standard 4x4 Overland with 5.7 Hemi, ACC and Saddle is going to run $46,255 MSRP.

A Summit Overland with the same options as the standard Overland listed above is going to run $48,740 MSRP. Can anyone really justify paying almost $2500 more for some extra saddle on the dash/ darker wood accents, some chrome enhancements and polished wheels?

Unless I am missing someting I don't see what the big deal is. Not trying to rain on anyone's parade.

I was thinking the same thing. That and the saddle interior with dark wood and saddle dash looks like... (_l_)

Dan JGC 01-11-2011 12:33 PM

Re: Summit now on Build My Own at Jeep.com!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by PMD G8 (Post 332408)
I was thinking the same thing. That and the saddle interior with dark wood and saddle dash looks like... (_l_)

Oh come on. I have seen the saddle in person in an Overland and it looks very nice. The extra saddle on the dash and upper doors completes the look in my opinion. It is a very luxurious color and with the black piping ties in with the rest of the black in the interior and in my order the black exterior too. An all black interior is a lot of black....my current dark slate interior is nice and an all black interior is nice too but the saddle really takes it up a notch.

Jpjr 01-11-2011 01:21 PM

Re: Summit now on Build My Own at Jeep.com!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan JGC (Post 332413)
Oh come on. I have seen the saddle in person in an Overland and it looks very nice. The extra saddle on the dash and upper doors completes the look in my opinion. It is a very luxurious color and with the black piping ties in with the rest of the black in the interior and in my order the black exterior too. An all black interior is a lot of black....my current dark slate interior is nice and an all black interior is nice too but the saddle really takes it up a notch.


I am in a tough spot because I always wanted to get the very best JGC available fully loaded with options. I thought that would be the Summit, but that interior is just plain fugly. I have still yet to see a pic that makes it look good. It is way too King Ranchie, looks obnoxious and not elegant.

jonesark 01-11-2011 01:35 PM

Re: Summit now on Build My Own at Jeep.com!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by PMD G8 (Post 332408)
I was thinking the same thing. That and the saddle interior with dark wood and saddle dash looks like... (_l_)

x2


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community