Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Water or moisture on drivers door window (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/water-or-moisture-on-drivers-door-window-17328.html)

IndyBob 01-11-2011 11:40 AM

Water or moisture on drivers door window

When I roll down my drivers side door window and then raise it back up there always seems to be water or moisture on the glass. This happens even after a few days when I have washed it or it has been raining.

I am not sure if this is a problem or not but it seems like there must be moisture trapped inside the door. It does not seem to happen with the passenger side door.

I looked at the drain holes at the bottom of the door and they appear to be open.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Jimmy 01-11-2011 01:34 PM

Re: Water or moisture on drivers door window

When your window open/close, does it shift at all? are you able to wiggle the glass when open? Also check all the weather strips around the window, make sure none are loose or damaged. When I talk to my mechanic, I'll see if he can find out if it's a common problem, maybe a tcm.

IndyBob 01-11-2011 02:48 PM

Thanks for the info. I am going to ask also when I take it back for its first oil change next week.

atpadam 01-11-2011 06:58 PM

i have the same problem, what should i do ?

Jimmy 01-11-2011 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atpadam (Post 332698)
i have the same problem, what should i do ?

Well depends on year, mileage and warranty. Although something like this should be covered under manufacture defect. Check what I mention and see about bringing it by the dealer to check it out. I just hope it doesnt go away once you bring it in, always seems to work out that way. :(

DurangoZJ 01-11-2011 09:23 PM

Pretty common thing with vehicles guys (after rain or wash). My past 4 Jeeps did this, my BMW did this. Just the way it goes.

Hmmm, now that I think about it--is it on the inside? If so, that's not ok. Outside, no big deal.

rdalcanto 01-19-2011 09:26 AM

I drove in the rain on Sunday. Tuesday I lowered the driver's side window to get into the garage at work, and was surprised to have it all wet when I raised it back up (2 days after the rain). :( My Volvo never did this.

dwaleke 01-19-2011 03:24 PM

Mine is doing the same thing. I also thought it was odd. Enough that I have washed that window inside and out a few times already.

I'm surprised by this. No other car I've owned has done this. Even the cheap ones don't have this problem.

JackBurton 10-19-2012 08:51 PM

Any resolution on this? I have the same thing, rain or wash the driver's door retains the moisture for a few days. I will bring it up at my first oil change service in a month or so, but if I had a better description on how others solved this it might help. Thanks.

JoeSchmoe007 10-20-2012 06:34 PM

This happened on all my cars to some degree.