Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Electronic Stability Control TSB (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/electronic-stability-control-tsb-17337.html)

Marky 01-11-2011 03:00 PM

Electronic Stability Control TSB

I saw there's a new TSB related to the ESC system. The TSB doesn't say much, just that it adds "sensitivity."

I must be dumb or ignorant, but that doesn't mean all that much to me. Does anyone know what that really means? I'm figuring on asking my dealer to do it, but I thought it would be nice to get some details.

http://www.wk2jeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk2_1800111.pdf

Thanks to anyone who can shed some light on what this means.

Stroked & Blown 01-11-2011 03:33 PM

Re: Electronic Stability Control TSB

Sounds like it makes the stability control step in with lower pitch/yaw/slip readings.
Perhaps in response to the Consumer Reports article?

CrazyJ 01-11-2011 03:35 PM

I'm guessing it's related to the Consumer Reports complaint:

Quote:

A more worrisome problem is the Grand Cherokee’s on-limit handling. While it’s balanced and predictable enough on the track, as the video shows, our V6 test vehicle skittered and hopped disconcertingly sideways in our emergency lane change avoidance maneuver test.
Not sure how ESC caused the behavior, but the wording of the TSB just sounded like they were addressing a publicized complaint.

Cperez 01-11-2011 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyJ (Post 332546)

Any "fix" prompted by a negative CR review of the WK2 is automatically suspect to me. Couple that skepticism (if not scoffing derision) with my natural reluctance to be an early adopter of any software patch, and I won't be visiting my dealer for this any time soon.

jeep2011 01-11-2011 06:55 PM

I had mine at the dealer yesterday and they stated this didn't apply to my vehicle. They said the computer showed mine built in 9/2010 wasn't eligible.

Curly 01-11-2011 09:26 PM

Mine was at the dealer today and they preformed the "Reprogram" of the ESC module. They didn't ask they just did it. Mine was built in December. Time will tell if it feels any different.

dwaleke 01-12-2011 05:17 PM

Does anyone know if this is the software that all new Jeeps will be getting? Not sure if I want to have this done or not.

My Jeep was also built in December.

JoeSchmoe007 01-12-2011 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyJ (Post 332546)

Not sure how ESC caused the behavior, but the wording of the TSB just sounded like they were addressing a publicized complaint.

It is my understanding that ESC was not aggressive enough, ESC didn't actually cause the behavior.

Libre 01-12-2011 05:57 PM

New to the forums so I got a stuped question: How can you tell when your vehicle was built?

Trying to see if this applies to me or not.

Mashie 01-12-2011 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Libre (Post 333215)
New to the forums so I got a stuped question: How can you tell when your vehicle was built?

Trying to see if this applies to me or not.

there should be a build date on a sticker on the inside edge of the driver door.

Nbtstatic 01-12-2011 06:03 PM

I took mine in for something unrelated today and they flashed it with this. I'll reply back if I notice anything different, I suspect I wont.

NB

Libre 01-12-2011 06:03 PM

Thanks a lot