Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Tuners/CMR/Dyno/DataLogging/Gauges (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f140/)
-   -   Trinity Coming Today! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f140/trinity-coming-today-17410.html)

IronGuillotine 01-13-2011 12:16 PM

Trinity Coming Today!

Ok so first performance mod is on the truck scheduled for delivery. I went with Diablo's Trinity after reading & researching, even if it's overkill for what I need.

Couple questions:

1. Is there anything more to it than just plug and play?

2. Should I look into anything to add to it in the way of simple mods?

3. Are the "canned" tunes enough to make the 600 worth it or will I need to have it dyno tuned?

Let me know some of your experiences. This is going on an unmodded 07 SRT :o

08Hemi 01-13-2011 01:02 PM

Re: Trinity Coming Today!

1. Yes...you need to up-date crom file via DS website (follow instructions), install drivers if applicable, and DS Downloader (all on website)
2. Intake and exhaust; a lot of SRT8 guys like the 4" BWoody and AFE StgII
3. CMR is the only way to go...get in touch with Johan, someone will post his email (I need to get a CMR tune from him asap, heard he is the BEST!!)

jth_9 01-13-2011 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 08Hemi (Post 333742)
...get in touch with Johan, someone will post his email (I need to get a CMR tune from him asap, heard he is the BEST!!)

Yes! Contact Johan and he will have that beast running like you never thought before! Here's his email.... diablotoona@gamil.com... he'll inform you on what all he needs to get your running at its best. Good luck and let me know how it feels after his tune :D

tugboatchad 01-13-2011 01:22 PM

You will love the toona power! The shifts, the mileage increase (don't come on here after first installing his toon and say you lost mileage, its your right foot putting a smile on your face!) The price is awesome. With a Bwoody 4" CAI and a 180* t-stat an X-pipe and the Toona's toon I went from 13.4 to 12.7 1/4's! DO IT!

IronGuillotine 01-13-2011 01:41 PM

Ok thanks for the responses. Do I even bother installing the tune before speaking with Johan? Even if it's just temporary?

downstate 01-13-2011 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronGuillotine (Post 333762)
Ok thanks for the responses. Do I even bother installing the tune before speaking with Johan? Even if it's just temporary?

You can if you want, I did while waiting for my "custom" tune. Enjoy the new mod :)

IronGuillotine 01-13-2011 02:13 PM

Can't help to be excited and I'm truly a novice when it comes to all this haha... poor truck will probably never even see the track.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

IronGuillotine 01-13-2011 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by downstate (Post 333773)
You can if you want, I did while waiting for my "custom" tune. Enjoy the new mod :)

Speaking with Johan now through emails. Thanks!!

So how easy/hard is it to install the canned tune? I've never done this before so don't stone me haha... I just don't want to get in over my head.

Also, there isn't anything extra I needed to purchase other than the Trinity, or is there? Such as USB cables and what not?

Hopefully it comes with all the necessities but if not please tell me what I need so I can order ASAP.

tugboatchad 01-13-2011 02:28 PM

Yes! Absolutely install the Diablo and enjoy your new found power. Then when you get Johans toon you will be saying "HOLY SHIT HOW'D HE DO THAT!!!". Its THAT noticeable of a difference. When I modded I installed my CAI then drove it around the block a few times, it was a noticeable difference. Then I installed the doable and canned tune and was thinking "WOW!" but then a few hours later I installed the toona toon. My jaw was sore the next day from laughing and smiling so much!

jth_9 01-13-2011 02:32 PM

Everything will come with it as long as you bought it new.. or if you purchased from someone hopefully they gave you everything. Its quite simple to install a tune... just hook it up to your jeep and go through what it asks of you and simply wait as it loads and there you have it. its quite simple....

IronGuillotine 01-13-2011 02:39 PM

Cool thanks guys... Now it's sitting by the doorstep waiting for UPS time!!!

Chad, I can't wait to experience all that... I thought the truck was quick to begin with, so if you're saying it will just keep getting better, I'm ready to go!!!

:ohsnap: <----- Me til it gets here haha

Status - Lakewood, NJ, United States 01/13/2011 5:16 A.M. Out For Delivery

jth_9 01-13-2011 02:41 PM

^^^^ :lol: nice... yeah.. it'll be a night and day difference on how it performs once you get the toona's tune... what all do you plan on doing w/ the jeep? mod wise?