Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Other Rides (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f21/)
-   -   Detailing sebring recommendations (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f21/detailing-sebring-recommendations-1742.html)

mjl2610 07-28-2009 11:44 AM

Detailing sebring recommendations

Tomorrow I will be detailing and cleaning my Aunts car while she goes on vacation. Occasionally she carts the dog in it so im guessing dirty leather, and dog hair also. Its a 2005 i want to say... Chrysler Sebring Limited, Inferno Red. This is a great excuse to upgrade my detailing and cleaning supplies as i have not done so in a while.

Dont get me wrong, I like to do nice stuff to my Jeep but it gets so dirty so fast and never stays clean so i generally do a basic job every once in a while. Its just so labor intensive since i am a bit of a obsessive compulsive type.

But for my aunt, I want to get a new stuff and it will give me drive to do it for myself next time i do the Jeep...

Please give me product recommendations if you can that are great priced and work well. I would like to get them sometime today when i go out.

*Tire shine
*leather/vinyl cleaner/protectant (meguiars?)
*simple one step paste wax
*car soap
*any other recommendations

Thanks everyone :thumbsup:

blackpepper 07-28-2009 01:08 PM

Re: Detailing sebring recommendations

*Tire shine Stoners products
*leather/vinyl cleaner/protectant Lexol cleaner/conditioner - Kinda pricey but a little goes a loooong way
*simple one step paste wax Mother's Clay Bar system $20 but you get wax, clay bar and quick detail spray..
*car soap Eagle One If had the best luck with this product.. doesn't film up and stick to the paint in the sun and supposedly doesn't strip the wax.
*any other recommendations Wheel cleaner! again I recommend Stoner products only and don't forger stoner invisible glass for the windows

your arsenal should be good after that!

Scottina06 07-28-2009 01:28 PM

Tire shine-Meguiers Hot Shine high gloss spray
*leather/vinyl cleaner/protectant (meguiars?)Blue Magic leather/vinyl cleaner and leather conditioner
*simple one step paste wax-NXT-2 liguid followed by a coat of Meguiers Mirror Glaze#26 hi-tech yellow wax(if I had to pick of the 2-#26 yellow wax)
*car soap-Meguiers Gold class shampoo
*any other recommendations-clay bar, meguiers m105, meguiers #7 showcar glaze, stoners invisble glass, black spray paint for fender liners

mjl2610 07-28-2009 03:11 PM

Thanks guys, i'm going to take these lists and see what i can get at the local wal-mart. Maybe the auto parts stores but its a haul to get there.

mjl2610 07-28-2009 04:30 PM

I bought the hot shine tire spray, zymol leather cleaner and conditioner, had the meguiars claybar-ing thing already, eagle one soap (have some blue coral already but what the heck), some cheap walmart break dust/parts cleaner (figured its just toxic chemicals anyhow might as well just get some cheap crap), also figured that i would use up my meguiars gold class wax since i still have half a tin. I will have a hell of a time tomorrow. We'll see how dirty this convertable really is.

blackpepper 07-29-2009 02:28 PM

How's the detail going?

mjl2610 07-29-2009 02:57 PM

It went excellent. I started it this morning at about 9 and just got done now. Sooo about 5 hrs or so CST. I am kicking myself for not taking snaps of the before and after job but it was totally night and day difference. I didn't even know she got a new silver sebring. Here i was thinking it was inferno red, which is what she had last time i saw her. She gets a new one all the time anyhow. It hadnt been washed since the winter aparantly. All four wheels were BLACK from brake dust, tar all on the sides of the doors. The interior needed some love too cause of their dog they cart in it. It was a disaster. I wish i had more time doing it cause she does not go on vacation til tomorrow i found out. so i had to return it a bit sooner so she could go to work but it looks great and i appreciate all the detailing product suggestions.

When i detail it again ill take before and afters because the car always ends up looking like hell when it needs to be done!

blackpepper 07-30-2009 10:38 PM

I'm sure she appreciates you cleaning her car, it seems like she doesn't get a chance that often :lol:

Now that you have some detailing chit, try to get a coat of wax on your ride even though it gets dirty so quickly.. at least you'll have that protective layer between the dirt and the clear coat.