Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Members Rides-Showoff (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f110/)
-   -   Installed some mods today (Pics) (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f110/installed-some-mods-today-pics-17428.html)

jeffnin 01-13-2011 08:55 PM

Installed some mods today (Pics)

3 Attachment(s)
Thanks to this forum, I was able to purchase both the Chrome Fog Lamp Bezels and the VG Shark Fin Antenna. Received both today and installed them quite easily. The shark antenna looks much better than the black factory mast and I also am liking the chrome bezels on my silver GC (although I still like the looks of them best on a darker color).

Next up will be to install the pedal kit; hoping that I don't rip up my fingers while trying to force on the new brake pedal cover. :rolleyes:

jonesark 01-13-2011 09:00 PM

Re: Installed some mods today (Pics)

looks great!

White Chocolate 01-13-2011 09:02 PM

Nice!

JTS97Z28 01-13-2011 09:39 PM

Ahhh crap you sold me on both of those mods haha!!! I dont even have my Overland yet and I have a list of stuff I want to buy and the list has just grown by 2 lol

-full front clear bra
-rubber floor mats (for crappy weather months)
-front windows tint matched to rears

and now.....

-chrome fog bezels
-shark fin antenna

Megatron 01-13-2011 09:42 PM

Looks cool, I wonder how those lower bumper parts (front and back) would look painted..

jeffnin 01-13-2011 09:46 PM

I'm thinking it would look great, but then where would you stop? You'd almost have to paint the wheel well plastic trim as well or it would look mismatched. Bet the new SRT8 will have painted trim to match body color.

Megatron 01-13-2011 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffnin (Post 334120)
I'm thinking it would look great, but then where would you stop? You'd almost have to paint the wheel well plastic trim as well or it would look mismatched. Bet the new SRT8 will have painted trim to match body color.

Id paint em all, you'd be the first on the site :eek::thumbsup::cool:

Garbism 01-13-2011 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffnin (Post 334042)
Thanks to this forum, I was able to purchase both the Chrome Fog Lamp Bezels and the VG Shark Fin Antenna. Received both today and installed them quite easily. The shark antenna looks much better than the black factory mast and I also am liking the chrome bezels on my silver GC (although I still like the looks of them best on a darker color).

Next up will be to install the pedal kit; hoping that I don't rip up my fingers while trying to force on the new brake pedal cover. :rolleyes:

Looks sweet! So would it even be easy for a guy that is not handy AT ALL to install?

Notice any difference in reception, either for radio or Sirius?

topsailstar 01-13-2011 09:53 PM

Where did you get the shark fin?

BOYCHIKS 01-13-2011 09:54 PM

Your wk2 looks GREAT!

Mashie 01-13-2011 09:56 PM

it looks great. How long did it take to get your sharkfin? I have one on order and they are telling me 2 weeks before delivery. I assume this for painting to match the WK2 exactly.

barrette's jeep 01-13-2011 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Father Paul (Post 334114)
Looks cool, I wonder how those lower bumper parts (front and back) would look painted..

I'm going to do it at the dealer....:thumbsup: