Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Can you put the chrome tailgate strip on laredos? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/can-you-put-the-chrome-tailgate-strip-on-laredos-17439.html)

blackonblack 01-13-2011 11:43 PM

Can you put the chrome tailgate strip on laredos?

i know you can make the top part chrome but can you put the bottom strip where and how would you get it on?
i am looking to get a painted top strip above and the chrome below the tailgate.
thanks.

GR33N D3M0N 01-13-2011 11:58 PM

Re: Can you put the chrome tailgate strip on laredos?

you would have to buy a different bumper i believe. good luck!

DAVY27 01-14-2011 12:08 AM

yep, you would need a limited bumper for that strip. On the bumper there are insert for the chrome strip.

White Chocolate 01-14-2011 12:52 PM

Limited bumper, or SRT...

go with the SRT ;)

blackonblack 01-14-2011 05:10 PM

yea but then i would have to do a whole conversion with the hitch and exhaust.
Davy, did you get the limited bumper b/c i think it would look better if i get the black paint for top tailgate handle and bottom bumper chrome w limited one.. i am looking on car-part.com but i dont know what i need it says rear bumper assembly rear bumper guard rear bumper misc. which stuff would i need if i can't find another member with the rear bumper?

Garbism 01-14-2011 05:14 PM

hey there! Not sure if I am correct but it sounds like you are looking for the same piece i need.

I have a new JGC Limited and my bumper got tapped. the chrome strip got dented and i found the replacement piece. I am new to the site so i dont know how to attache the details but if you go to my name and search the threads i have posted, it is titled i feel sick! info is there

DAVY27 01-14-2011 05:17 PM

yep i got a limited after some1 rearended me. all you need is just another bumper cover.it is a direct swap. does your have a hitch? if so get the out with the hitch cutout

blackonblack 01-15-2011 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAVY27 (Post 334570)
yep i got a limited after some1 rearended me. all you need is just another bumper cover.it is a direct swap. does your have a hitch? if so get the out with the hitch cutout

yea it has the hitch would i have to specify that i guess all i need is the bumper cover nothing else since i already have all the other stuff....will this be a problem for the backup camera and what not? or no b/c most limiteds have the backup camera anyway? the stock mygig one i mean.

blackonblack 01-15-2011 01:37 AM

o btw davy is it hard to take the stuff off as for the tailgate handle thing? like the top chrome part you have mine is the stock which is that black plastic and i would just make it the painted black i need to look for that part to what is it specifically called? thanks Davy!

Jordan's Jeep 01-20-2011 09:58 PM

just for jeeps has all the exterior mods

DAVY27 01-21-2011 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackonblack (Post 334816)
yea it has the hitch would i have to specify that i guess all i need is the bumper cover nothing else since i already have all the other stuff....will this be a problem for the backup camera and what not? or no b/c most limiteds have the backup camera anyway? the stock mygig one i mean.

yep just the bumper cover. if you have the backup sensors, get the bumper/chrome strip with the sensor holes.
Quote:

Originally Posted by blackonblack (Post 334818)
o btw davy is it hard to take the stuff off as for the tailgate handle thing? like the top chrome part you have mine is the stock which is that black plastic and i would just make it the painted black i need to look for that part to what is it specifically called? thanks Davy!

it shouldnt be too hard to remove it. Mine is just the chrome tailgate cover. you can get a the chrome cover and send it to Daniel ( vendor) to paint it.

blackonblack 01-21-2011 12:13 AM

ok, i am going to try and find one already done if not i could possibly do that....i also want to get the wh or whatever its called the srt like limited bumper from europe? idk haha you know what im tlakin about?