Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   Visualgarage.com shark fin antenna group buy feeler!!! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/visualgarage-com-shark-fin-antenna-group-buy-feeler-17466.html)

TTUMBIO2010 01-14-2011 09:45 PM

Visualgarage.com shark fin antenna group buy feeler!!!

VisualGarage.com replied to an email I sent to them about a potential group buy for Shark Fin Antennas.

They do offer discounted pricing starting at 5 units. I decided to post a thread to get a feel for how many members would be interested in getting in on this group buy.

If you are interested, reply below with your USERNAME, so other posts won't be counted and mistaken for another tally towards the count.

Once I get an idea of the number of those interested, I will get back to VG and report back with some group buy pricing.

Here is a thread by a member who did some install pictures of the antenna:

http://jeepgarage.org/showthread.php?t=15587

I hope whatevrworks doesn't mind me sharing his thread.

COUNT OF THOSE INTERESTED PENDING GB PRICING: 48

PMD G8, NetJunkie, DurangoZJ, JTS97Z28, mrctdare, pattyboy, Marky, Cperez, rlflesh, woosch, mjw930, budwhite, Jeepeta, kmt16, DieselvRR, Scottina06, mrpositraction, r0tor, dmoeckler, yankees9, Redcivic47, UNCjeepWK2, SixZeroFour, mhassler, devotee, 7upstang, Bradmo8, tank47, calmurphs, carlosmp, DennisU, yukon, BadLuck, wjs81866, Garbism, vnbWK2, mwhited, Bmwister, hquantum, DannyG, rwshelburne, wsw523, prelude532, PittLaredo11, robsroadster, barrette's jeep, Stroked & Blown

1/17/2011 UPDATE:

I received a response from VisualGarage and the pricing break down for a group buy is actually rather low for the number of members interested. Here is the email I received:
Quote:

Thank you for your email.

Glad to hear there is quite a number of people interested in the group buy. We've done many group buys in the past and also have great response. Please see below for price break down:

Pricing per shark fin, excluding shipping:

Qty: 5 to 15 @ $65.55 each
Qty: 16 to 30 @ $62.10 each
Qty: 30 to 49 @ $58.65 each
Qty: 50+ @ $55.20 each

Shipping charges shipped individually are as follows:

USA: $12USD
Canada: $12USD (HST/GST also needed for entire order)
International: $28USD

For a group buy to happen, we need one person to be the organizer and collect all the car information and payments from members, and then make one lump sum payment to us and send us all the car details at the same time. Lead time after submitting payment is around 2 to 3 weeks before shipping out, depending on size of the order.

Regards,

XXXX
So as you can see, the price savings isn't much and their required format for the group buy to be a go is 'untraditional' from the past ones I have started. This deal is pretty much just like free shipping and you get to wait nearly a month to get your antenna.

I have initiated a number of group buys on various forums for past vehicles I have owned and this is the easily the lowest margin on price savings. For example, when the Superchips FlashPaq was released for the 2004+ 5.7L HEMI Dodge Rams, a GB that I started got the pricing down to nearly $200 shipped for each person and that group buy was no where near 50 members. It was nearly a 40-50% savings at the time.

The main issue is their mass payment requirement. That is new to me and a door to too many potential issues. So, does anyone know of another company who sales a similar antenna that will work for the WK2? I will gladly see if their company can handle a group buy.

At the point, this group buy seems to be dead in the water........

I was not expecting such a pathetic response on a pretty nice sized group buy.

Any suggestions???

1/18/2011 UPDATE:

VisualGarage is not wanting to work for a solution to the mass payment requirement. Here is the email I received from me suggesting PayPal payments:

Quote:

Thank you for your email.

We've done a lot of group buys over the years and have found this method to
the easiest to handle. If we had all the members pay seperately, we would
not know the final numbers of how many orders there are until everyone has
actually paid. We've had experiences when 50+ orders were supposed to be
received, but we only received less than half. Then we have to ask for more
money. Or, we could charge full price for all orders, and refund the
difference after everyone has paid, but that becomes quite hard to keep
track of.

The easiest way is to have one person on the forums to receive all the
payments through Paypal and transfer it to us directly.

Regards,
XXXXX
So......

1. Does anyone know of a company who sales a similar product?

2. How many are interested in this mass payment? Seems to be the only path with this company.

3. Are there moderators or forum president who can handle the payments so its not a 'random' member?

Open to suggestions???

PMD G8 01-14-2011 11:13 PM

Re: Visualgarage.com shark fin antenna group buy feeler!!!

I have been planning on ordering one, just haven't gotten around to it yet. So count me in.

NetJunkie 01-14-2011 11:17 PM

I'm in.

DurangoZJ 01-14-2011 11:18 PM

I am in.

JTS97Z28 01-14-2011 11:53 PM

I guess I would be in as well. but do we get some sort of idea on price? Whats it cost normally without a group buy? That will help give me a baseline.

James

TTUMBIO2010 01-15-2011 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTS97Z28 (Post 334756)
I guess I would be in as well. but do we get some sort of idea on price? Whats it cost normally without a group buy? That will help give me a baseline.

James

I am waiting on a reply back with what the pricing break down is for 5, 10, 15, ect. As soon as I get more info, I will post it here. I was just making this thread to get a feel for how many are interested so I can get pricing for the correct quantity.

The original price is $69 painted + shipping.

mrctdare 01-15-2011 12:51 AM

depending on details I'm in

JTS97Z28 01-15-2011 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TTUMBIO2010 (Post 334777)
I am waiting on a reply back with what the pricing break down is for 5, 10, 15, ect. As soon as I get more info, I will post it here. I was just making this thread to get a feel for how many are interested so I can get pricing for the correct quantity.

The original price is $69 painted + shipping.

oh wow ok thats cheaper than I thought. Im used to mods for my C6 Z06 vette and over there we call it the "corvette tax". If it was a shark fin spoiler for the vette it would bee $269 ;-)

pattyboy 01-15-2011 01:06 AM

I am in pattyboy......... blackberry (pvb)

Marky 01-15-2011 01:16 AM

Interested. Good idea. Thx.

Cperez 01-15-2011 08:40 AM

Cperez is interested, thx.

rlflesh 01-15-2011 08:53 AM

i am in