Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   430 RBZ Voice Command and Uconnect Phone button not working (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/430-rbz-voice-command-and-uconnect-phone-button-not-working-17498.html)

Angel 01-15-2011 03:42 PM

430 RBZ Voice Command and Uconnect Phone button not working

Hi, I have the 430 RBZ (but I think key functionality is equal/similar to the 430N i.e. RHB). All of a sudden the Voice Command and the Uconnect Phone buttons are not working any more. Same with the two buttons on the steering wheel. I am getting no confirmation beep when I press the Voice Command button.

Both buttons worked just fine until now. Does another functionality block these buttons? PLEASE HELP

Radside 01-16-2011 12:46 AM

Re: 430 RBZ Voice Command and Uconnect Phone button not working

Did you somehow shake loose a wire or harness? I think the uconnect module is somewhere under the passenger side dash near the center stack...maybe something came loose.

Angel 01-16-2011 05:47 PM

Hi Radside,

No, not that I am aware of. I did also not do anything special with my 430 (like synchronizing with the phone or so).

Do you (or someone) know how to reset the 430?

(as I said in another thread, with 2 kids and the WK2 being the only family car bringing the vehicle to the delaer is always a major pain)

Radside 01-16-2011 06:57 PM

The only way that I know of is to fine and pull the fuse or disconnect the battery for about 5 mins. One thing to keep in mind though is I believe the uconnect for the 430/430N is not built into the radio so pulling the radio fuse will not work. Sorry to hear about the prob.

Radside 01-16-2011 07:01 PM

I just thought of one other thing...try deleting the current phone pairing and then repair it. I believe I vaguely had a similar problem before and deleting/repairing my phone solved it for me. I never did figure out why the phone/uConnect stopped working.

Angel 01-16-2011 07:18 PM

Good catch Rad, unfortunately i did not pair my phone with the 430 so far AND the button with the phone symbol doesn't work either :(

Radside 01-16-2011 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel (Post 335790)
Good catch Rad, unfortunately i did not pair my phone with the 430 so far AND the button with the phone symbol doesn't work either :(

I reread your original post and it said that neither of your buttons work and you do not get a confirmation beep. I turned off my confirmation beeps, did you happen to do the same? Also, there is a way of turning off menu prompts, did you happen to turn those off? I know, it's a long shot but I can't think of anything else short of the ucconect module being faulty, a blown fuse or a wire being disconnected.

Radside 01-16-2011 09:07 PM

Here's a picture of how the connect, radio, and iPod are connected. This is not for the 2011 but I imagine it is pretty close. I'm not sure where the uconnect module is located but I would check under the passenger side dash somewhere.

http://184.72.239.143/mu/46a1cf77-a479-b5bc.jpg

Mookie10 01-17-2011 02:10 PM

I had same problem and took in to dealer for service on this issue last week. They told me something had to be replaced because it was not receiving a signal or something. They did not know when part (HRF?) would arrive, but it is on order.

Funny, but after they took it all apart, the uConnect started working again!