Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Jeep Grand Cherokee WK2 reliability - let's get better info (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/jeep-grand-cherokee-wk2-reliability-lets-get-better-info-17524.html)

mkaresh 01-16-2011 11:13 AM

Jeep Grand Cherokee WK2 reliability - let's get better info

I wanted more up-to-date car reliability information that made the differences between cars clearer. So a few years ago I started getting people together to make this possible. TrueDelta now updates actual repair frequencies, not just dots, four times a year, to track cars closely as they age.

I'd like to provide solid stats for the WK2, just a matter of getting more owners involved. So I'm grateful that the owner of this forum has provided permission to post this thread.

Participants simply report repairs the month after they occur on a one-page survey. When there are no repairs, they simply report an approximate odometer reading four times a year, at the end of each quarter.

To encourage participation, participants receive full access to all results, not just those for the Grand Cherokee, for free. I'll share results for the WK2 in this thread after each update.

For the details, and to sign up to help out:

Car reliability research

Turbozcs2003 01-16-2011 12:51 PM

Re: Jeep Grand Cherokee WK2 reliability - let's get better info

Just remember that with Jeeps your going to have more people reporting problems because they tend to beat the crap out of them. So the results will probably be worse.

I own an 02 WJ and other than having some refrigerant add to the AC, I have not had to do anythign to it, but then again I do the PM by the book and maintain it. On the other hand my wifes 07 Camry is the biggest POS I have ever owned and the Toyota service department are bunch of arrogant idiots and CR endorses everything Toyota, hence I dont put much stock in these surveys.

Lingohocken 01-16-2011 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkaresh (Post 335507)
I wanted more up-to-date car reliability information that made the differences between cars clearer. So a few years ago I started getting people together to make this possible. TrueDelta now updates actual repair frequencies, not just dots, four times a year, to track cars closely as they age.

I'd like to provide solid stats for the WK2, just a matter of getting more owners involved. So I'm grateful that the owner of this forum has provided permission to post this thread.

Participants simply report repairs the month after they occur on a one-page survey. When there are no repairs, they simply report an approximate odometer reading four times a year, at the end of each quarter.

To encourage participation, participants receive full access to all results, not just those for the Grand Cherokee, for free. I'll share results for the WK2 in this thread after each update.

For the details, and to sign up to help out:

Car reliability research

Fantastic, Michael! Joined TrueDelta when we were about to get an Enclave a couple of years ago, but dropped the idea when the WK2 seemed likely to materialize. We're waiting for the 2012 incarnation, then will finally participate in what is one of the most useful and credible auto sites on the net.

LaredoRed 01-16-2011 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lingohocken (Post 335583)
Fantastic, Michael! Joined TrueDelta when we were about to get an Enclave a couple of years ago, but dropped the idea when the WK2 seemed likely to materialize. We're waiting for the 2012 incarnation, then will finally participate in what is one of the most useful and credible auto sites on the net.

X2 I joined as member on another forum of a previously owned vehicle. A lot more informative and credible than CR and the others.

chibianh 01-16-2011 06:34 PM

I joined True Delta a few years back and have continued submitting information and doing surveys for my WK2. Hopefully more will join so we have some good data..

pattyboy 01-16-2011 06:38 PM

I am in ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, joined today

mkaresh 01-19-2011 12:02 PM

Thanks, I certainly appreciate it.

23 WK2 owners now signed up. A great start. With 40+ we'll have a full result when results are updated in May.

MSCA 01-19-2011 05:25 PM

Do you still need 25 owners before you can start posting results on your site?

mkaresh 01-19-2011 06:27 PM

Publicly viewable results require 25 responses, but I post "partial" results based on fewer responses that members can see. I also post the latter to forums, noting the small sample size.

I started the 2011 JGC in the survey a couple of months ago, but had enough participants for even partial results only recently. So no result of any sort with the February update.

Wish I'd discovered this forum sooner...

Lingohocken 01-19-2011 07:42 PM

Good timing, tho. By now enough miles and months have elapsed to get a solid idea of how things are faring.

Geronimo 01-19-2011 11:33 PM

Good approach and I'd be happy to participate.

For those of you interested in quick and dirty initial quality read, check out the "things gone wrong" poll posted in this forum.

rdalcanto 01-20-2011 07:01 PM

Signed up!