Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems Discussion (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f77/)
-   -   ac condensation question??? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f77/ac-condensation-question-1753.html)

B.P.O.D 07-28-2009 07:08 PM

ac condensation question???

ok guys so if i have my ac running for a while and water comes down the truck i hear sizzling.

i went under the truck and saw that the AC water isn't falling by the front of hte truck but more towards the middle.

the water is hitting the exhaust and coming down. is this normal? i didn't think it was suppose to come down by the exhaust

spiker01 07-28-2009 07:16 PM

Re: ac condensation question???

doesn't sound right to me. i would go and check mine out butits not dripping cause i haven't driven it for a few days.

Megatron 07-28-2009 07:30 PM

I hope everything turns out good irf.

I have to remember to drive with the windows down sometimes, my A/C gets abused so much lol

mjl2610 07-28-2009 10:00 PM

I actually took a look under my Jeep today also cause i was using the ac extensively for the first time since i had the ac system serviced. I took it in for service as the drain for the condenser was clogged last time. The water drops in the same location on my Jeep as yours does. Sometimes it hits the exhaust sometimes it does not. It all depends on what kind of angle i am parked on. I don't think its a huge deal personally as long as its draining out.

Well an interesting side note today. A while back i asked a question about my cooling system thinking it was not working right. I felt that it was so hot out my electric fan should have a high-speed mode as i have never heard it turn on before and the engine was getting quite hot. Collective decision was due to having a clutch fan and an electric fan, the e-fan will always run in low.

Today when i get home i kept it idling while i got out looked at to see if the condenser was dripping and all was good. Low and behold i hear what sounds like my jeep started up a jet engine ready for take off. I quickly found out that my cooling system does have a working high-speed operation. I was concerned cause when we get these high temps, the jeeps temp gauge one afternoon hit almost the 3/4 mark. I was afraid the fan wasn't working or it didn't have a high speed operation. (end relief)

saleen032 07-29-2009 07:42 AM

The water is coming from the right place... The evaporator core is in the passenger compartment, near the heater core. This is where the water comes from.. It comes out the drain hole in the plastic case. There should not be water dripping from the front of the condensing unit

LTrainGC 07-29-2009 08:17 AM

Happens to mine as well... I remember thinking wtf is going on the first time I heard it but figured it was normal.

B.P.O.D 07-29-2009 11:21 AM

cool thanks guys!

Marlon_JB2 07-29-2009 02:27 PM

My Jeep's A/C was dripping on the exhaust earlier. No big deal.

B.P.O.D 07-29-2009 02:38 PM

thanks marls!

Marlon_JB2 07-29-2009 03:27 PM

The real problem lies when the A/C drippage is... in the cabin. :p

Robert Palmer 07-29-2009 03:28 PM

If it was Motor Oil, then that would be a problem. :lol: :p

BillsHoe 07-29-2009 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elvis presley (Post 40394)
if it was motor oil, then that would be a problem. :lol: :p

worse if it was gas