Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Has Anyone Installed the Interior Appearance - Interior Lighting - Ambient Lighting ? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/has-anyone-installed-the-interior-appearance-interior-lighting-ambient-lighting-17550.html)

thefathunk 01-16-2011 09:43 PM

Has Anyone Installed the Interior Appearance - Interior Lighting - Ambient Lighting ?

This is next on my mod list and I haven't seen any posts regarding it.

Mashie 01-16-2011 09:46 PM

Re: Has Anyone Installed the Interior Appearance - Interior Lighting - Ambient Lighti

Quote:

Originally Posted by thefathunk (Post 335900)
This is next on my mod list and I haven't seen any posts regarding it.

I was unable to find the actual accessory for sale at either justforjeeps.com or at jeepparts.mopar.com.

thefathunk 01-16-2011 09:50 PM

Re: Has Anyone Installed the Interior Appearance - Interior Lighting - Ambient Lighti

I have been unable to find an actual part # at the dealer's parts dept either...

Mashie 01-16-2011 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thefathunk (Post 335904)
I have been unable to find an actual part # at the dealer's parts dept either...

The part number is listed on the brochure in the first post in the Accessories thread in this forum, but that number doesnt work.

JTS97Z28 01-16-2011 11:20 PM

Doesnt the new WK2 have enough interior ambient lighting with its door panel pockets lit and the overhead ambient light? Dont want to over do it.

James

Cperez 01-17-2011 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTS97Z28 (Post 335952)
Doesnt the new WK2 have enough interior ambient lighting with its door panel pockets lit and the overhear ambient light? Dont want to over do it.

James

LMAO!! "Don't want to overdo it"

Have you SEEN some of the stuff these guys do to their Jeeps??? :lol::lol: Additional ambient lighting would be one of the more discreet mods IMO!

Mashie 01-17-2011 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cperez (Post 336081)

Have you SEEN some of the stuff these guys do to their Jeeps??? :lol::lol: Additional ambient lighting would be one of the more discreet mods IMO!

hah I agree, I just wish that the lighting in my WK2 was a little brighter. In downtown driving with street lights you can hardly even notice the awesome blue/green ambiant lighting. I think that having a bit of lighting near the driver/passenger feet might be nice.

bpmcgee 01-17-2011 10:57 AM

The lighting kit exists. It's the same one as the kit used on other Chryslers. It can't be very popular, though, because it's back ordered through the supplier for more than 2 weeks.

And you have to basically disassemble the radio column and center console to install it. I wasn't about to attempt it :)

B

Mashie 01-17-2011 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bpmcgee (Post 336198)
The lighting kit exists. It's the same one as the kit used on other Chryslers. It can't be very popular, though, because it's back ordered through the supplier for more than 2 weeks.

And you have to basically disassemble the radio column and center console to install it. I wasn't about to attempt it :)

B

do you have a part number?

bpmcgee 01-17-2011 11:34 AM

Googlefu FTW:

http://www.justforjeeps.com/amlikit.html

JTS97Z28 01-17-2011 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cperez (Post 336081)

Yeah I know people do a lot of ridiculous things to their Jeeps lol. But me personally I think stuff can be overdone to where your not actually improving anything just making things look tackier. Im not saying this is one of those mods as long as they arent too bright. If they can be kept at about the same brightness as the other OEM ambient lights such as the ones in the door pockets they might be pretty damn cool.

Also, for what its worth you guys could do this exact mod for sooooo much cheaper than this kit. Most OEM footwell ambient lights use one single small LED. Just buy one LED for each side and you have the exact same thing for probably less than 5 bucks. I did this on my 2000 Lexus in a very faint white to match my instrument cluster and it looks amazing. Was also very simple to do. 2 white LED's with resistor already wired in for $3.00, simply wired them to a interior light 12V+ source and your done. The effect is identical to the OEM footwell ambient lights in my 2007 Acura TL-S. Looks great! Just an idea.

Mashie 01-17-2011 11:38 AM

Availability:Canceled by Mopar :(