Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   How to run the radio with the engine off?... (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/how-to-run-the-radio-with-the-engine-off-17577.html)

cladd 01-17-2011 02:00 PM

How to run the radio with the engine off?...

anyone know? Once you turn the engine off it stops working within a few minutes.

moosehead 01-17-2011 02:06 PM

Re: How to run the radio with the engine off?...

The EVIC allows you to run various delays to keep ACC hot, or to just turn off when ignition shuts down. I do not believe there is a way to turn radio on prior to ignition, though not sure.

B.P.O.D 01-17-2011 02:13 PM

do you have a push start or the key fob? if you have the key fob then turn the key but not all the way so the engine doest start. this will turn on all the electronics.

be careful though bc in cold weather your battery will die a lot quicker when you are listening to music this way

J13ntv 01-17-2011 02:13 PM

or if you want to run the radio after you turn off the engine, be sure to keep your foot off the brake and press the push start once, it will go into ACC mode and the radio will stay on and not turn off when you off the door or delay off.

B.P.O.D 01-17-2011 02:16 PM

^^^ there ya go! that's with the push start

JTS97Z28 01-17-2011 03:02 PM

ummm what do you guys mean there is no way to run the radio with the engine off? Just turn the ignition to on or accessory just like any other car. Press the button once without touching the brake pedal. Done

mjw930 01-17-2011 03:21 PM

Does the button have 2 detents? On my VW if you pushed it to the first detent that was the ACC setting. Pressing it to the second detent (all the way) enabled the start sequence if the brake was pressed. I suppose just pressing it without touching the brake accomplishes the same thing but on the VW the half press just activated the accessory circuit, not the ignition circuit so only the accessories were energized. That does save on the battery as the engine, trans and drivetrain are not energized.

Radside 01-17-2011 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjw930 (Post 336425)
Does the button have 2 detents? On my VW if you pushed it to the first detent that was the ACC setting. Pressing it to the second detent (all the way) enabled the start sequence if the brake was pressed. I suppose just pressing it without touching the brake accomplishes the same thing but on the VW the half press just activated the accessory circuit, not the ignition circuit so only the accessories were energized. That does save on the battery as the engine, trans and drivetrain are not energized.

No detents...just push once for ACC and twice for RUN with foot off the brakes.

mjw930 01-17-2011 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radside (Post 336434)
No detents...just push once for ACC and twice for RUN with foot off the brakes.

Thanks,

I looked it up on the Jeep iPhone app and it's very clear. With the foot off the brake press the button one to get the ACC setting, Twice to get to the ON/RUN setting and a third time to go back to the OFF setting.

mrpositraction 01-17-2011 03:55 PM

The DVD that came with your Jeep goes over this. I suggest watching the tutorial over it. It was a good watch for me!